help, I need an opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflower2020

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the self-assesment test on the NBME website and got a 360. My test is in two weeks. Most of the fields were in the borderline range except behavioral science and a few others on the higher end. I would basically have to concentrate on everything.
move the test? or should I just do questions and hope for the best? I know there are no guarantees in life, but... any opinions?
I appreciate any input, as my stress level is off the charts right now.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What are your future career goals? Are you shooting for a highly competitive specialty or big name research hospital for residency? If so, definitely delay taking the exam until you feel reasonably assured that you will perform to the best of your abilities when it comes time for the real thing. If you are a US MD candidate shooting for less competitive specialties, like primary care, at a decent but not highly prestigious hospital, then I would study consistently for the next two weeks and take the exam. I think that you're in good position to pass. Best of luck!

Thank You so much for your opinion. After a long night of thinking I decided to move my test up three more weeks added on top of the two. As much as I wanted to get it over with I decided that I didn't want to regret not moving it if I didn't do very hot. Also, I think I will have more confidence (probably an illusion, but whatever works, right?).

Now - if only I can last that long, that's another issue :eek: .