Technology HELP. i use a blackberry but seems ill need a Palm or PocketPC, what do i get?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am in residency. i am going to be using Lexicomp bc it is far better than any other databases out there.

i have a blackberry curve but i have yet to see anyone using them with lexicomp. seems like the trackball is a bad idea i dont know.

i had a palm a few years ago and thought it was blah.

what can you guys tell me about pocketpc and palm.

i hear windows mobile is really really bad which is why i got a blackberry. i am disappointed with rim's lack of blackberry updates and not having a touch screen thus limiting software beyond belief.

so far ill have on my waist
a phone
a pda
and a pager.

any suggestions on palms and pocketpc? where i can get one cheap? ill buy used.

Members don't see this ad.

i am in residency. i am going to be using Lexicomp bc it is far better than any other databases out there.

i have a blackberry curve but i have yet to see anyone using them with lexicomp. seems like the trackball is a bad idea i dont know.

i had a palm a few years ago and thought it was blah.

what can you guys tell me about pocketpc and palm.

i hear windows mobile is really really bad which is why i got a blackberry. i am disappointed with rim's lack of blackberry updates and not having a touch screen thus limiting software beyond belief.

so far ill have on my waist
a phone
a pda
and a pager.

any suggestions on palms and pocketpc? where i can get one cheap? ill buy used.

The soon-to-be announced BlackBerry Thunder is reported to have a touchscreen, not that you shouldn't look into more options.

Why don't you give up all the stuff and switch to a single phone?

Get a Palm Centro which you can use as your phone and PDA. Then set your pager (if possible) to transfer all pages to your cell phone. I used to do this with my pager so that I wouldn't have to hear the trauma pages and would just get those that were meant especially for me by transferring it to my home or cell phones.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you give up all the stuff and switch to a single phone?

Get a Palm Centro which you can use as your phone and PDA. Then set your pager (if possible) to transfer all pages to your cell phone.

I agree. The only trouble I'm having is that my local hospital system still can't/won't send text (SMS) messages to a cell phone. They'll be happy to call you on your cell phone and connect you with the person paging you, but I prefer to return pages rather than be interrupted. So, I'm stuck carrying a pager when I'm on call until they figure out how to make it into the 21st century. :rolleyes:

I've used Lexi on a Blackberry. It works just fine. There's really no need for you to purchase a separate PDA, unless the absence of a touchscreen really bothers you. Blackberry devices are optimized for one-handed use, and most programs developed for them take advantage of their unique interface. They're really quite efficient once you're used to them.

The BlackBerry Thunder (Touchscreen BlackBerry) is coming out very soon, if you want to try that. But Lexi does work on the Curve.