Help, I'm super stressed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharoahcairo

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should stay hopeful for Post-December interviews. Your GPA is good, DAT is about average for matriculation, and your shadowing is about average as well. I would guess that the reason schools are silent is some red flag in your application. I don't see any volunteering in your extracurriculars, schools like to see some volunteer commitment because it shows a dedication to helping people, otherwise it could be something in your personal statement. These could be some things to look for, but I hope you hear back soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Greetings fellow Egyptian. In my opinion I see that the thing that is holding you back is your 17 bio score. The volunteering is also lacking a bit but I wouldn't think that that would be the deal breaker. A retake with a score of 21+ combined with your GPA should most likely get you some interviews, in additon to updating schools with some volunteering hours. Perhaps if you start studying for your dat right now and retake it sometime in January you can score some post December interviews from NYU, Tufts, Touro, USC etc. Not sure how good of a timline this is, maybe others will chime in

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha hey, I forgot to mention that I began volunteering before the app and put that I would continue. I definitely understand that my dat is holding me back, but I'm a full-time student and I don't have the time to study for a 21+ score. The only way would be if I took a gap year, but that would be if I was rejected from all 19 schools.
Maybe you can study for dat part time up until you finish your finals and then study full time during winter break for the rest of December and some of January, then the score would be ready by February. It's kind of tight but this would prob raise your chances for this cycle. With the right resources I think a 21 can happen in 4 weeks of full time studying. PM me if you neee advice on how/what to study.

One thing you can do is call up the schools that rejected you and ask what could be improved in your application if you apply again next year. Oftentimes they will give useful feedback.

It is too early to tell if you'll get interviews this year. Give it until at least end of February to start worrying about next cycle. There is still hope.

To get over come any kind of Stress Just do the Meditation for an Hour. And Every thing will be fine.

This video help me out from stress and unhappiness, I hope this video helps you