You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Help I'm too scared to open MCAT scores?
Started by gogeter82
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm literally freaking out.
The scores came back on Tuesday 4 days ago.
Help
I hope I don't have a nervous breakdown.
Seek psychiatric help. 4 days is well above the std for neuroticism.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are not defined by a test. The person you are today is the same as the person five days ago. Deep breath and see what you've got.
Think about a patient getting the results from a serious blood test...I'm literally freaking out.
The scores came back on Tuesday 4 days ago.
Help
I hope I don't have a nervous breakdown.
You have nothing to worry about in the long run... If your test doesn't turn out the way you want, you still have options.
Seek psychiatric help. 4 days is well above the std for neuroticism.
Eh, I guess my std's are just higher than yours. I have more std's than anyone I know.
Mine come out this coming tuesday...I am terrified as well. Just thinking about opening the scores...:/ but really, just do it. U never know.
If you're that nervous about opening your MCAT score, opening your USMLE score report is 10x worse 😛
Just take a deep breath and do it, like ripping off a bandaid. Or have a friend/family member do it for you (opening the score report, not the bandaid ripping thing)
Just take a deep breath and do it, like ripping off a bandaid. Or have a friend/family member do it for you (opening the score report, not the bandaid ripping thing)
I gave my friend my login and made him print out a copy of it because I was in the middle of something and couldn't check myself.
opening your USMLE score report is 10x worse 😛
This. My hands were trembling on Wednesday when I opened mine. Didn't do too badly and I realized I was just fearing the unknown which was already determined 6 weeks ago when I took my test. Further worrying wouldn't have changed anything.
At least with the MCAT you can take it multiple times. Step 1 ... if you pass, no matter how low the score is, you can't retake it.
R
RTC19
LOLif you give me your amcas# and password, I can do it for you.
I'm joking
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This. My hands were trembling on Wednesday when I opened mine. Didn't do too badly and I realized I was just fearing the unknown which was already determined 6 weeks ago when I took my test. Further worrying wouldn't have changed anything.
At least with the MCAT you can take it multiple times. Step 1 ... if you pass, no matter how low the score is, you can't retake it.
this exactly..
at this point, your score is your score. Better to just go ahead and find out what it is so you can act accordingly.
Get drunk as **** and do it.
I guess you could apply to medical schools without ever seeing your actual score. It's like blink poker, you don't know what kind of hand you have but you keep playing the game anyway.
You at least have to post the score with all this build up. This is like the ending of Inception otherwise.
Facts.
Anyways, if you really didn't do well, I'm sorry to hear that. There's a handful of other options available to you. Retakes are possible and you should invest in a new, more proven study strategy. Otherwise, there are other grad schools possible, etc, etc.
Get drunk as **** and do it.
But then when you wake up the next morning, you won't remember what you got and the cycle will begin anew.
But then when you wake up the next morning, you won't remember what you got and the cycle will begin anew.
That's the beauty, it's like Groundhog Day
Not good
you probably got a 30 or better which is nothing to complain about. you can only really complain if you get less than a 30
you probably got a 30 or better which is nothing to complain about. you can only really complain if you get less than a 30
you got over a 30, now just ******* open it.
just out of curiosity.. how are you coming to this conclusion?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍👍👍If you're that nervous about opening your MCAT score, opening your USMLE score report is 10x worse 😛
Doesn't the score come online now?This. My hands were trembling on Wednesday when I opened mine. Didn't do too badly and I realized I was just fearing the unknown which was already determined 6 weeks ago when I took my test. Further worrying wouldn't have changed anything.
At least with the MCAT you can take it multiple times. Step 1 ... if you pass, no matter how low the score is, you can't retake it.
just out of curiosity.. how are you coming to this conclusion?
because this is sdn, where anything <35 is a bad score and everyone gets a 35+.
Even from a statistical standpoint that is impossible, for nearly everyone making a 35 or >. Ridiculous.because this is sdn, where anything <35 is a bad score and everyone gets a 35+.
Even from a statistical standpoint that is impossible, for nearly everyone making a 35 or >. Ridiculous.
Anything is possible on SDN. I know one guy who took the MCAT while heavily drunk and scored a 43
Anything is possible on SDN. I know one guy who took the MCAT while heavily drunk and scored a 43
Just showing anything is possible beyond stats
anything is possible is not the same as everyone gets over 35 lolJust showing anything is possible beyond stats
Doesn't the score come online now?
It does, but you get an email around 11am telling you that the score report is available, then you have to go to the NBME site and download the score report. It only took a few seconds for my phone to download the document, but it felt like minutes. Then I saw "PASS" and was able to breathe again

My point is he's likely the exception more than the rule.Just showing anything is possible beyond stats
anything is possible is not the same as everyone gets over 35 lol
Not unless they're drunk

Anything is possible on SDN. I know one guy who took the MCAT while heavily drunk and scored a 43
That shichibukai avatar.
My point is he's likely the exception more than the rule.
I mean you can't claim it's statistically impossible for everyone to get a 35 or higher
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...well in reality, we know that's not what is happening.I mean you can't claim it's statistically impossible for everyone to get a 35 or higher
Yes, I can claim accurately that it's statistically impossible for EVERYONE to get a 35 or higher.I mean you can't claim it's statistically impossible for everyone to get a 35 or higher
...well in reality, we know that's not what is happening.
So we can't claim an absolute. Even 0.01% isn't a 0. Bam! What now?
yeah not debating statistics with you. But I can say with 100% confidence that not everyone on SDN got a 35+So we can't claim an absolute. Even 0.01% isn't a 0. Bam! What now?
