Help in studying for pcat

Started by swaps
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

swaps

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI ,
i ve registered for the pcat test in september testing window and i would like to know wat all the books i need to follow and where i can get some practise tests and some good articles regarding test syllabus pls kindly help me coz i am a lot confused right now i ve boguht a pcat text book kaplan's 2012-2013 book is that book sufficient and i possible can nu guys pls tell me which books and websites i should refer in order go get a good score
pls help me this exams is really important and my last chance pls ppl help me 🙁
 
Buy Dr. Collins, Kaplan Blue Book or Cracking the PCAT, and Pearson PCAT Practice Tests.

Take the Practice Test #1 first. See where you struggle.
Pound out the sections in the Blue Book.
Review Dr. Collins ALL SCIENCE SECTIONS.
Take Practice Test #2
Rinse
Repeat

That's my advice. I know other people might say to go other directions, and you should definitely listen to what they say and DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU BEST.

Honestly, I think you get what you put in with the PCAT.
 
Yes, It'll be sUfficient. I would make sure you are working at least 4 hours a day on that book. It's a big one and I have no idea what major you are, so just to be safe. I would also recommend trying to find someone to study with, particularly someone who is better in the subjects that you struggle with. Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you so much . i am a graduate in b.pharmacy i ve graduated in this yr june so i am aspiring to take pcat . if u hav any information regarding this exam like sample papers etc pls let me know thanks for ur advice 🙂
 
MSU's study plan is great, but I honestly think the Kaplan 2012-2013 book is terrible. There is too much information to memorize. It will, obviously, be beneficial if you can memorize every little detail but it would be impractical. Kaplan also lacks practice tests. I think that is the most crucial: timed practice.

The 2012-2013 version also lacks updates for the new PCAT format with the updated biology and chemistry sections. Its organic chemistry section is also a joke. Besides general review for biology, I found the book pretty useless. Collins is great in that it has practice tests but I found that the difficulty of the practice tests were only on par with the actual PCAT in the verbal and quantitative sections.