help in switching to a different peds program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coconutlime

rads queen
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all--i am trying to gather info for my fiancee, who is trying to switch into a peds program to be closer to me (i'm a resident in detroit, we're doing the long-distance thing right now).

he completed his intern year in peds and is taking time off right now, doing research, to try and switch programs. our geographic preferences are detroit, chicago, and new york.

are any of you at a program in one of those 3 cities and know of an intern who might be leaving? he would start as a 2nd year, so he'd take the spot of an intern who'd be leaving their program.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

hi all--i am trying to gather info for my fiancee, who is trying to switch into a peds program to be closer to me (i'm a resident in detroit, we're doing the long-distance thing right now).

he completed his intern year in peds and is taking time off right now, doing research, to try and switch programs. our geographic preferences are detroit, chicago, and new york.

are any of you at a program in one of those 3 cities and know of an intern who might be leaving? he would start as a 2nd year, so he'd take the spot of an intern who'd be leaving their program.

thanks in advance.

If you're a resident in Detroit, doesn't that mean you would both have to transfer if you go to Chicago or NYC? I'm confused.

If you're a resident in Detroit, doesn't that mean you would both have to transfer if you go to Chicago or NYC? I'm confused.

we're keeping all our options open. if he can be in detroit, that's obviously the best situation. if i can transfer to nyc (i'm not in peds), and he can stay there, we'll do it. if he can transfer to chicago, the detroit-chicago long distance is better than detroit-nyc, and we'll do that. i'll also try to be in chicago.

our main goal is to be together (or at least as close as possible), regardless of which specific program he's at or what city it is.