Help including personal statement on PTCAS

Started by dptdad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dptdad

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping someone out there has some insight on how I should include a personal statement on my PTCAS application. During undergrad, I was diagnosed with stage IV Hodgkins Lymphoma and underwent extensive chemo treatments while finishing my kinesiology degree and raising my infant daughter. Although I think my application is strong without the cancer experience included, I do believe that this defines me in many ways and has helped shape my vision for the future as a physical therapist. I was hoping the essay topic would open a door to include this major part of my life but the essay topic on professionalism as a student DPT does not seem to allow much room for a personal experience... Is there another way I can include this on my application? Any suggestions to which part of the application this belongs? Thanks!