Help, interview conflict.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuki214

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my Purdue interview scheduled for January 29th, and I just got the interview invite from Virginia-Maryland yesterday for the same day! I obviously cannot possibly go to both of them on the same day. I called Virginia-Maryland to see if they would change it to either the 28th or 30th (which would still be difficult, but definitely doable) and they said they would only give me a different day if an interviewee drops out. I do not want to forfeit any chances of not getting into a school because of an interview conflict. I am looking for any avenues to make this work. I am going to see if Purdue will possibly change my interview date, but in the event that they don't...I was wondering if there is anyone interviewing at Virginia-Maryland the 28th or 30th that would be willing to interview on the 29th. I would obviously have to clear this all with the College, but I wanted to see if this would even be a possibility. I would be so grateful if someone would be williing to do this. I am so stressed out about his situation. Also if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the input. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't help, just wanted to say that is really frustrating. I am suprised that VA-MD isn't willing to work with you; I thought there was a general consensus between vet schools to not 'compete' with each other in this sort of way. I hope Purdue will work with you to find a good solution. Even to offer students a single date to interview is a bit disturbing; it completly disregards that students may have made prior commitments or have obligations on specific dates that can't be changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can solve that for you.....I'll take the VMRCVM interview that way you won't have to worry about it :D

I have the SAME problem! I have an interview for UPenn on the 29th and since VMCRVM is not understanding at all and won't budge UPenn is my only hope to fix the problem. I called friday and she said she would "look into it" but i havent heard back. I need to call back on monday and see what is going on and beg to let me go any other day!!

If someone else is out there and can switch interview dates with me that would be AMAZING. and i would love you. Pleassssssssse :love:

Yuki-i wish we were on different days so we could save each other! you're lucky you found equifille!

Just chiming in here.

I think it's VERY unprofessional for a school to be so unwilling to work with a student with this sort of schedule conflict. It's not like you guys have a soccer game or something. It's as if they're trying to make you choose even before you have interviewed!

Thumbs down, VMRCVM. :thumbdown:

Thumbs down, VMRCVM. :thumbdown:

Agreed. Considering students have likely already made expensive travel arrangements to the schools that notified them sooner, it seems very unprofessional. Boo!

Thanks everyone for your help. Purdue was really helpful and accommodating and allowed me to switch my interview date with them. Good luck in your interviews!

likewise...UPenn was able to accommodate me today!! :) thank god SOME schools are reasonable