HELP!! Low practice scores

Started by alien4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alien4

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am very worried about my low practice MCAT scores.

I took a course through kaplan last month and with little review, scored a 19 on the Kaplan diagnostic (7PS, 6VR, 6BS), 21 (8PS, 7VR, 6BS) on the 2nd FL from Kaplan, and I scored a 19 on AAMC 3 (8PS, 4VR, 7BS).

I am planning to take the MCAT in January and hoping to score around a 31. To prepare, I am planning on going through all of the review books from Kaplan the next month or two. After reviewing, I am planning on trying some more full lengths. I am especially worried about my low VR scores. Any tips on my study schedule and what I can do for the next few months would be very appreciated!

Thank you
 
Hi, I am very worried about my low practice MCAT scores.

I took a course through kaplan last month and with little review, scored a 19 on the Kaplan diagnostic (7PS, 6VR, 6BS), 21 (8PS, 7VR, 6BS) on the 2nd FL from Kaplan, and I scored a 19 on AAMC 3 (8PS, 4VR, 7BS).

I am planning to take the MCAT in January and hoping to score around a 31. To prepare, I am planning on going through all of the review books from Kaplan the next month or two. After reviewing, I am planning on trying some more full lengths. I am especially worried about my low VR scores. Any tips on my study schedule and what I can do for the next few months would be very appreciated!

Thank you

Make sure you know the content cold, and save the AAMC's for December/January.
 
I would definitely mix in practice tests. How else would you know if you're getting better? and yeah PASSAGES PASSAGES PASSAGES. You got plenty of time to bring it up.