• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

neuroscienceguy

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys,
I need some advice. I have my heart set on one of the D.O. programs. I have always admired there holistic approach to medicine. The problem is that my UG gpa is 2.8 cum and 2.75 science. I have however entered a masters program in BIO at Western Michigan University and I am currently at a 3.78. I have also worked as an ER tech for a year, volunteered at big brothers and big sister for 2 years, I have been doing research and will hopefully have publishable work this summer, I TA anatomy, and I am a member of the APS and have published abstracts at a few conferences. I am getting ready to take the MCAT this summer and hope to score well. As a MI resident I would really like to go to MSUCOM but I really just want to be a doctor. DO I STAND A CHANCE?

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
The Edge. Pushing the Envelope
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You did the right thing by going to a masters program since your undergrad GPA is below competitive. Sounds like you got some good EC's. Score near the high twenties and I think you got a shot at some interviews.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.