Help me decide between premed UG’s!

Virginian123

Reaction score
So far, i got into

Texas Christian University (full tuition for interview)

University of South Florida (partial tuition but nearly full tuition)

TCU is offering me a lot of money to go there and it could rlly benefit my parents since they are going to try to finance my whole medical education (key word is try) and I want to be mindful of the fact that I want to go easy on them financially.

However, USF (although 10k to 15k more-ish) is also a top contender due to the fact that they have a 7-year program and it would take me one less year to graduate to accelerate the time it takes to become a physician to pay back my parents quicker and reduce any interest in debt (if necessary).

the rest of the schools I applied to is NYIT, UVA, and Umiami, but i don’t think I would fancy any of them. Perhaps Umiami if they give me a full ride bc they have a 7 year program too but that’s a long shot.

thank you guys so much i appreciate it!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get into the USF BS/MD program? Or is it something you apply for once you start college?

I am a USF alum, if you would like to talk to me further about what undergrad was like there, please send me a private message.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get into the USF BS/MD program? Or is it something you apply for once you start college?
It’s really informal. After you are accepted you are considered within the program (i mean you have to send an email of intent) and as long as u maintain a 3.7 GPA and 518 Mcat they will give u an interview and depending on that they will accept you.

It’s really informal. After you are accepted you are considered within the program (i mean you have to send an email of intent) and as long as u maintain a 3.7 GPA and 518 Mcat they will give u an interview and depending on that they will accept you.
So let me know if I have this right, it's 3 years of undergrad, and you take the MCAT 2nd year to be able to interview during third year? Thats a tough schedule to score a 518 and back up your app with enough EC's to get into UCSF. I would go with the full ride

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, 518 isnt easy to get at all and that schedule is tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure USF's 7 year program is 512, not 518. However, this might have changed, so don't quote me on that.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure USF's 7 year program is 512, not 518. However, this might have changed, so don't quote me on that.

ahhhh that would make more sense