Help me decide? Postbac vs SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ChemEng2Doc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Non-trad: Chemical Engineer (2+ years) (Graduated 2006)

Stats Undergrad GPA: 3.26 (217.50 Units)

MCATs: 28O (9PS, 10VS, 9BS), 26O (11PS, 7VS, 8BS) (Most recent and I honestly cannot explain what happened) 😕

ECs: Church Leadership and ER Volunteer

What should I do? Pros and Cons?
 
ideally, 1 year postbacc + retake MCAT a third time. apply for SMP for 2011 entering class, and apply to med school next summer.

Assuming you can ace your postbacc classes at full-load.
 
do you already have your prereqs done??

if so then i would lean smp since post bac seem to be more geared toward second degree seekers who may not have the prereqs finished
 
I have my prereqs but they're not that great. A's and B's for the Phy Sci, but mostly C's for the Bio Sci. I also worry about my academic ability since I've been out for a couple years. Jumping cold turkey into a SMP seems like suicide.