Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
So I just applied this most recent cycle, but graduated this past June so I need to figure out what to do with my life lol. My current job ends next week (research assistant). I have a lot of hours in research experience (through this job only though) and animal experience (with small animal and equine). Vet experience was only minimal equine hours. I think to improve my application I need more typical clinical work and maybe wildlife/exotic.
I recently applied for a kennel assistant job, got a job offer but told them I want to think about it. It looks like 90% of it is caring for the boarded dogs (just cleaning and maintenance) and helping with grooming. The rest is restraining animals after 5:30 pm if i happen to get a PM shift, since that's when the tech leaves. Would this be a good position to accept or should I decline?
I do already have an internship which is way more hands on but its only 4 hours a week. It's assisting with a spay/neuter clinic. We prep animals for surgery, help with recovery, vaccinate etc. I know I'm going to be bored though as soon as my next job is over so I need something else to do!
Thanks for the advice!
There are also other factors at play here but I'll leave it at this for now.
So I just applied this most recent cycle, but graduated this past June so I need to figure out what to do with my life lol. My current job ends next week (research assistant). I have a lot of hours in research experience (through this job only though) and animal experience (with small animal and equine). Vet experience was only minimal equine hours. I think to improve my application I need more typical clinical work and maybe wildlife/exotic.
I recently applied for a kennel assistant job, got a job offer but told them I want to think about it. It looks like 90% of it is caring for the boarded dogs (just cleaning and maintenance) and helping with grooming. The rest is restraining animals after 5:30 pm if i happen to get a PM shift, since that's when the tech leaves. Would this be a good position to accept or should I decline?
I do already have an internship which is way more hands on but its only 4 hours a week. It's assisting with a spay/neuter clinic. We prep animals for surgery, help with recovery, vaccinate etc. I know I'm going to be bored though as soon as my next job is over so I need something else to do!
Thanks for the advice!
There are also other factors at play here but I'll leave it at this for now.