Help me fellow Gators!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureM.D.

Psychology major
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm a psychology/pre-med student at the University of florida. I know there are some UFCOM students here so this is mostly for them. I really want to be a doctor and I really want to get into the UFCOM. I'm only a freshman but I'm trying to plot my course the best I can right now, so I have some questions for you. I know they have a biochemistry requirement so I'm planning on doing that, but what can I do to make myself 'shine'.? Could you give me some examples of what you did that you think made you stand out? I love volunteer work and I heard about an equal access clinic but I don't know too much about it. Could anybody help me? And for you guys that are already in UFCOM, what is it like? Do you have any regrets? If ya'll could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it. :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Study harder. Do research. Volunteer. Do well on the MCAT's.

Do something unique :) The psychology major is a good start!

I don't really have much advice cuz I didn't go to UF undergrad....

Members don't see this ad :)
when you say you are only a freshman...does that mean you are about to start college? i'm taking that's a yes.

anyway, instead of looking for a clinic...start one of your own!!! recruit docs and med students. if you are successful, i would call that a trump card EC!

Originally posted by FutureM.D.
Hi I'm a psychology/pre-med student at the University of florida. I know there are some UFCOM students here so this is mostly for them. I really want to be a doctor and I really want to get into the UFCOM. I'm only a freshman but I'm trying to plot my course the best I can right now, so I have some questions for you. I know they have a biochemistry requirement so I'm planning on doing that, but what can I do to make myself 'shine'.? Could you give me some examples of what you did that you think made you stand out? I love volunteer work and I heard about an equal access clinic but I don't know too much about it. Could anybody help me? And for you guys that are already in UFCOM, what is it like? Do you have any regrets? If ya'll could answer my questions I would greatly appreciate it. :clap:

yeah I'll start my own clinic, I know exactly how to do that! yeah right. Comeon you guys I need serious answers. Pleeeeeease.:(

UF alum here. Actually, there is a trick to getting into UFCOM. If I knew as a freshman what I know now, there are a lot of things I would've done differently. PM me and I can answer any specific questions you have along with how to tailor your application specifically to getting into UF. Hell, I may even be able to get you into their accelerated Junior Honors program and save you a year. Peace.

I'm not really familiar with the pm messenging. Why can't you just post things on the board? thanks for the info though. Hey, by alumni do mean of the college of medicine or undergrad? Thanls!!:D

Just click the PM button under Papa's post....to check if you've received PMs, click "user cp" at the top of the page.

The FAQ also explains a lot :D

On a side note, Christina Christian is from UF.

anything else? What if your bilingual?