help me! freaking out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatsucksss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have 17days before my test... just did a random UW block and got 47%. normally ive been averaging 60+%. is this just bad luck or am i screwed!? i still have 800 UW questions left to do 1st time and ive only cleared FA once so far and havent started a 2nd run yet! should i push my test back a few days?! WHAT DO I DO!?:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

1. One block where you did a little worse than usual on UWorld is not at all a big deal!
2. Take an NBME if you haven't done so yet. That will actually tell you how you're doing.
3. There is no way in hell should you push back just because of one block!

You're totally going to laugh at yourself for freaking out later. This is not at all a big deal.

i took the nbme my school provided and i was at the 225-230 range. but it felt too easy! nothing compared to UW quesions. theres no way the real thing could be like that.

i was doing timed tutor mode and it felt like everytime i clicked i was wrong (47% of the time...) im gonna try to use this as motivation to work even harder but do u think theres enough time in 17 days to get through ALL the material again?

Members don't see this ad :)
My solution to getting a random bad block is trusting in statistics, doing another block, and reverting to the mean. If you were happy with your other blocks, you're doing fine.

alright thanks guys ill try again

yea just keep at it. I've gone up from ~45% in uworld to ~75-80% now in the past 20 days of studying with random dips along the way but in the end my average held up... so with 17 days left you can definately increase your score. Dont let one random block fool you. good luck!