nwdoc12

15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2004
Portland
Status (Visible)
I'm trying to decide between PennState, Creighton, and NY Medical College. Anyone have thoughts on which is the best overall school?

nwdoc12

15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2004
Portland
Status (Visible)
I'm not in state, I'm from Oregon. I liked things about each area but couldn't tell from the interview if one school was stronger than the others they all felt about the same.

About the Ads

Mr. Rosewater

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
erf
Status (Visible)
the only one i'm really familiar w/ is NYMC, but i can say a few things about it.

1. you can rotate in NYC if you want, which is very cool.
2. west. med. center is a really good hospital in an awesome area to live, so if you get a residency there, it's pretty good.
3. they have pretty nice cheap housing.

also, isn't creighton in omaha or something? Forget that.

camstah

running thru dandelions
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2003
Los Angleeez
Status (Visible)
well, i liked the required research project part of penn state's curriculum (i figured it would be something that would be positive when going for residency...also, i forget what percentage are actually published, but it was over 50% i think), and also everyone was really nice there....i liked the area, even though i'm from L.A......it was nice to be somewhere peaceful and not trafficky for a change :) but what is your first choice, without anyone else's input?

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Jacksonville, NC
www.naturesamerica.com
Status (Visible)
Creighton all the way...........I might be a little biased though. I did interview at NYMC and totally liked Creighton alot more. So unless you have to be near a big city, I'd choose Creighton.

Jetson

nwdoc12

15+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2004
Portland
Status (Visible)
I like the NY Med for the Proximity to NY city and for their high board scores and match list. Since my boyfriend is moving with me I won't be able to live on campus which will make cost of living high.
Penn State would be nice for low cost of living and how nice and friendly all the people are. There is also a ton of early patient exposure and the research project would be a great experience.

Creighton is a good school but I don't see myself surviving Nebraska winters.

Right now Penn State and NY Med are tied and I'm looking for reasons to pick one over the other.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by Jet915
Creighton all the way...........I might be a little biased though. I did interview at NYMC and totally liked Creighton alot more. So unless you have to be near a big city, I'd choose Creighton.

Jetson

tsk tsk tsk...jetson i thought you were gonna do a better job selling your own school man.

add some more stuff about creighton for the op....

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2002
Jacksonville, NC
www.naturesamerica.com
Status (Visible)
HAHA,
Doesnt matter to me if the OP comes or not. OP, if you have questions, send them my way. BTW, I dont think the winters in Omaha are any worse then in Pennysylvania or New York. But if Omaha is too small of a town for you, then New York is probably the best bet although Valhalla is really small.

Jetson

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.