Help me make a good decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tisler

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok I got acceptance offers from detroit mercy and buffalo.
I haven't made my decision yet and I need to make up my mind asap.
i know detroit mercy has a great facility but buffalo is little cheaper. Besides tuition and facility, everything seems to be the same. which school would you guys choose?​

Members don't see this ad.

well seeing as tis is YOUR acceptance perhaps you should think about what YOU would choose.... it doesn't matter what we choose. it's your education.

ok I got acceptance offers from detroit mercy and buffalo.
I haven't made my decision yet and I need to make up my mind asap.
i know detroit mercy has a great facility but buffalo is little cheaper. Besides tuition and facility, everything seems to be the same. which school would you guys choose?​

You can't go wrong with either decision, I feel. Buffalo = cheap and I have heard great things about UDM.

If you want to go to a school where facultya nd student interactino is great .. and you learn well in this community like environment... go for it.
Otherwise... go for the cheaper school.

If you are not too worried about the $... just pick what cshool gave you the best gut feeling.. perhaps revisit if you live close to both?

Members don't see this ad :)
honestly a dental education is a dental education. If you felt comfortable at both, I would just choose the cheapest. Good luck and congrats!

Buffalo, it has a good feeling to the school- :)

Close is all realative

You cant live close to both Buffalo and Detroit.

I live in Cleveland, and both are about 3 hours away, if that. I think that is close enough and if I was uncertain about both I would definitely give them another visit.

Go find something better to do than to criticize someone who is trying to help another.

Why are you even on these threads if all your reponses are negative? Perhaps find something better to do with your time klutzy... friends??? ... maybe video games???

I live in Cleveland, and both are about 3 hours away, if that. I think that is close enough and if I was uncertain about both I would definitely give them another visit.

Go find something better to do than to criticize someone who is trying to help another.

Why are you even on these threads if all your reponses are negative?

Wasnt negative, merely stating a fact. 3 hours isn't particularly close.
Unless the OP has alot of time and money on his hands and it would not be cost effective or time effective to visit both schools. I would just go with your gut and depending on where the OP is from I would stay a litle closer to home so that it easy to visit friends and family.

Wasnt negative, merely stating a fact. 3 hours isn't particularly close.
Unless the OP has alot of time and money on his hands and it would not be cost effective or time effective to visit both schools. I would just go with your gut and depending on where the OP is from I would stay a litle closer to home so that it easy to visit friends and family.

Notice how I said if? He's gonna be there for 4 years.. and if he REALLY is confused...I don't htink a little trip would hurt.

He doesn't have to, I just suggested it as an option.

I'd hop in the car with my dad and drive to both in two days if I was that confused. I think if he had a gut feeling by now he wouldn't be asking for help.

Stick to giving positive and helpful input instead of criticizing someone else who is trying to do just that. Thanks!

I would go Detroit mercy, they are like a brand new school. All new everything is amazing, also the school has a good reputation. Detroit Mercy is a great school

I would go Detroit mercy, they are like a brand new school. All new everything is amazing, also the school has a good reputation. Detroit Mercy is a great school

So is Buffalo. I was really impressed by the energy the students had.They all seemed satisfied and glad they were attending Buffalo.

Maybe this is impacted by the cost of the school :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe go with the cheapest.... both schools seem to be great... is there anything NEGATIVE about these schools? Maybe that would help the OP?

Maybe go with the cheapest.... both schools seem to be great... is there anything NEGATIVE about these schools? Maybe that would help the OP?
only thing that I can think of is the weather...

how does the OP like their curiculum set up at each school

I've been accepted at U of Mich and UDM and will probably choose UDM due to the outstanding facility and clinical experience (no lack of chairs or patients). The faculty and staff is also caring and take a personal interest in each student's success.

Thank you guys for sharing your honest opinion!