Help me narrow down my list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doeordie

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats:

1) 24 DAT AA, 19 P, 25 QR, 25 RC, 22 Bio, 22 GC, 24 OC, 23 TS.

2) 3.8 oGPA, ~3.6 sGPA

State of residence: Florida

Requirement for dental school: as far as possible from Florida and OOS friendly. Why? I need to get away from my parents before I go insane.

So far I have:

1) University of New England
2) University of Pittsburgh
3) AZ school of Dentistry
4) Roseman
5) Western
6) U of Kentucky
7) U of Penn
8) Harvard
9) Meharry
10) Columbia
11) Midwestern-AZ
12) Midwestern-IL
13) U of Louisville
14) Case Western
15) Detroit Mercy
16) USC
17) Criegton
18) Touro

Are there any schools I should cut or add to this list? Honestly I just want to get in somewhere and I'm willing to cut out all the Ivies because I a) could care less about the name of the school I graduate from and b) could do without a culture that's obsessed with grades.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UF is such a good school and so extremely affordable

Yes I agree it's extremely affordable, but I'm valuing my mental health over the difference in tuition at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Staying on the theme of getting far away from FL: take off the schools in Kentucky and Tennessee lol. You have really decent stats so I think getting in somewhere that's not close by will not be a problem for you...granted the rest of your app is solid

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Staying on the theme of getting far away from FL: take off the schools in Kentucky, Tennessee, and SC lol. You have really decent stats so I think getting in somewhere that's not close by will not be a problem for you...granted the rest of your app is solid

Are those OOS unfriendly? I looked at the ADEA book and the raw stats seems OK to favorable to OOS.

Are those OOS unfriendly? I looked at the ADEA book and the raw stats seems OK to favorable to OOS.

If your goal is to maximize the number of schools you gain acceptances to then leave those schools on your list. Like I said though, with your stats I wouldn't think you'd need to worry about applying to so many schools. Never hurts though. I applied to quite a number last year. Easily could've saved a grand in app/secondary fees, but I don't regret spending the money. Back to the point, it's up to you in the end.

Meharry historically accepts mostly African Americans and URM's, so I would consider removing it if you are not one of those.

Definitely consider adding VCU to your list.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't really feel like having Feralis or Ari as my classmates lol if you get my drift.

I also selected dental schools based on what SDN posters were there, so I completely get your drift - it's a very normal thing to do.

Last edited:
You have great stats, you should apply to UCLA, UCSF, and UOP.