help me out here guys!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flampard

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive earned all my units from my current university. in 2006 i took a Speech class in a community college for the first time in a summer session. after couple of sessions i stoped attending the class and thought that the instructor will automaticaly drop me off of the class. after a couple of years i checked back i found out that ive recieved a "F" grade in that class! i called the college and they said i only had a year to retake this class if i wanted to replace my grade! what should i do? this is the only class ive taken out of my university units, and i havent transferred it since it was unneccassary! should i put this on my application? If i dont put it up there is there a way they are gonna find out about my history or not? ive taken 160 units in my university,

Members don't see this ad.

I would still tell them that you took this class, because I'm not sure if they can see all of the classes that you have taken, and if they find out that you didn't report this class because of your failing grade it would be catastrophic to your chances at those schools.

If I were you I would call them and see what they suggest.

Good luck, and I hope this helps

They want to see any credits you have taken at any level. I took a correspondence course. Even though it was like one course from Berkeley by mail, I still had to show it and send a transcript. I had like 5 different transcripts by the time I applied. Don't hide anything. It is easier to discuss why the grade is there, like you have done. It is harder to explain why you LIED and failed to disclose the information. Best of Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Play it safe and be honest...
If it your only F, then it will be easier to believe.

hey i am in the same situation. I decided to be honest and report my Fs (not just one) and Cs. Yupp, they ended up hurting my overall gpa by 0.2 and my nonscience by like 0.7. It's all good though, it gave me a motivation to do well on my DAT.