Help me rank some of the programs I'll be interviewing at

Started by impetigo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

impetigo

Anesthesia Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure how I would rank some of the middle-level programs I'm interviewing at. By rank, I mean based on academic/professional reputation only. Any thoughts?

Tufts, U of Maryland, USC, SUNY Health Sciences Center (Brooklyn), Albert Einstein, and UMass.
 
I haven't used it yet, but had a couple of people refer me to it.

http://anesthesia.mc.duke.edu/compmatrix/

The CompMatrix is a tool for ranking resident programs. Users select criteria they are interested in, weight that criteria and rate the selected resident program for each criteria. The CompMatrix then produces the product of each weight and rank and displays the resident programs from highest to lowest score.

Need to register to use the site. Does not include the "gut" factor.
Enjoy.
 
Yes...go to the interviews before you try to decide this..try to decide what factors are the most important for you..
See my post in "Gen Residency Issues" entitled "How to approach your rank list)

Best wishes,
Tim
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone, I'll check those out. Hopefully I won't drop down past my top 5 choices anyway.

Cheers.
 
googled said:
Does not include the "gut" factor.

Don't discount the gut factor. I've already used this to pretty much weed-out one program that I was previously VERY interested in before the interview. I just did not "click" with the PD. And, honestly, I can't see myself spending the next four years of my life there. I'll probably still rank them, but it will be WAY down on the list.

-Skip