Help me understand this???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sabres151

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Call me naive, but I was unaware that there were "online" PharmD programs?

http://programs.gradschools.com/distance/pharmacy_doctoral.html

And quite a few. Call me crazy, but I'd find it very difficult in comparing the credibility of a PharmD (online) versus a traditional student (3, or 4 year, classroom environment).

Thoughts on this? Anybody know much about these?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Impressive!!!! But most of them are for working professionals such as pharmacist with a Bsc in Pharmacy and who wants to get a Pharmd. Am I wrong?

The Thought of getting my Pharm.D. online is actually scary. I am the type of person that has to learn in a classroom setting. Good luck to those who are in those programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I linked to a few of the sites under the online PharmD list and it looks like those are designed for licensed pharmacists who want to earn a PharmD degree (many practicing pharmacists have a bachelor's degree in pharmacy). As far as I know Creighton is the only school that has any sort of online PharmD program for students just entering the field. I'm not totally sure of all the licensing processes yet, so someone may wish to correct me.

The scary part is spending $20k/year without ever seeing your professors face to face, well except at the annual pharm summer camp that is.

I think Creighton's is the only one that is an accredited four year PharmD program.(there's actually a thread on this.) The rest are for non-traditional degrees.