I need some help. I just got accepted to AZCOM and my 1000 non refundable deposit is due 02/17. However, I will be hearing back from an MD school on 02/24. If I get accepted at the MD school I will probably not go to AZCOM but I don't want to gamble my acceptance off in case I don't get into the MD school. What should I do? Has anyone heard of a school giving extensions on deposit due dates? Would I be putting myself in a vulnerable position if I asked for that extension? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Help me.
Started by Docsted
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pay the money. An acceptance in the hand is worth 500 in the bush (as it is said here).
Really, just pay the money. If you lose it, bummer but it is pennies in the grand scheme of things. But if you don't pay the money and don't get accepted, you are screwed. Pay it.
Really, just pay the money. If you lose it, bummer but it is pennies in the grand scheme of things. But if you don't pay the money and don't get accepted, you are screwed. Pay it.
I had a friend with a similar issue, different school. He asked to defer enrollment for a year and pay his deposit later. He was going to have to defer anyway because he was missing some credits or something. They might not let you switch back to this year though, so you'd have to be ok with waiting a year if you don't get into the MD school...
I think I've heard that some schools will refund you a portion of your deposit if you withdraw within a certain time before classes start, it would be worth checking out
Call and ask for an extension. If they say no, then it is a must to pay and secure a spot for the 2012 cycle. By the way, where is the MD interview at? Good luck.
WesternU allowed me to extend my deposit due date, but I had to pay the full $2,000 in the end because I didn't get off my MD waitlist until June.
In the game of medical applications, you just have to bite the bullet and pay to secure your chances. Nothing is guaranteed until you have an actual acceptance in your hands.
In the game of medical applications, you just have to bite the bullet and pay to secure your chances. Nothing is guaranteed until you have an actual acceptance in your hands.
1k is a drop in the bucket regardless of where u go. Not worth the gamble and potential reapplication IMO