Help MY CHANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys I was wondering what my chances would be toward pharmacy school. I have worked about a year in a pharmacy as a tech and have a degree in Biological Sciences from UCI. My sci GPA was 2.8 and my academic was 3.2, so a overall of 3.0 i guess you can say. I havent taken the PCAT and dont plan onto thought but as for ALL the schools that dont require it what do you guys think my chances are to get in. Hellppp????? for the 2006 school of classes???

Members don't see this ad.

your chances are pretty slim with a 2.8 but still attainable. if you're a under-represented minority, you might have a good chance still.

Just have the extracurriculars and awesome PCAT scores to make up for it. Also, your interview is your time to shine.

Best of Luck.

DrPharm said:
your chances are pretty slim with a 2.8 but still attainable. if you're a under-represented minority, you might have a good chance still.

Just have the extracurriculars and awesome PCAT scores to make up for it. Also, your interview is your time to shine.

Best of Luck.

agreed.

*if your not applying till 06-07, maybe take some more science classes to boost your gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend has a similar profile to yours, and she got into western. She didn't take the pcat either. Grades aren't the ONLY thing they look at. Since you still have some time, definitely keep working as a tech and maybe look into doing an extracurricular activity/internships during the summer to help your app stand out. Start your personal statement early. My grades aren't so hot either and I still got interviews. Now, it's just a matter of nervous waiting for me. Goodluck!

Hi,

I am interested for PharmD and I have 3.13 overall, 3.18 Science and 3.08 math GPA
What are my chances for a pharmacy school.

you gpa will get you qualified for an interview but have a great personal statement, lots of ec, pharm experience, and show that you are passionate about this.

take the pcat and do well if the school requires it.

ashman said:
Hey you guys I was wondering what my chances would be toward pharmacy school.

what do you guys think my chances are to get in. Hellppp????? for the 2006 school of classes???

There are too many of these types of posts. Not to be a sore thumb or anything, but I've felt my interest in the forum waning because it seems like more and more of these queries are popping up. Maybe it's me, or maybe I don't feel like I'm in a situation where my potential admission to an SOP is in serious doubt... I understand that sometimes it's helpful to get a second opinion sometimes, to see if you're setting realistic goals, but these questions should be more directed towards your pharmacy schools of choice, or academic advisors.

Do your homework on prospective pharmacy schools. Read the FAQ section. Set realistic goals. Why do you want a PharmD? Not everyone is cut out for pharmacy school, and not everyone is cut out to be a pharmacist.

The bottom line is do your best, everything will fall into place the way it's supposed to be. Please -- relax!

for most schools, grades only contribute around 25% of the whole admission process. i believe they breakdown in general is 25% grades, 25% interview, 25% application (personal statement, extracred. act. etc), and 25% misc. stuff.

so if ur grades aren't that great, then of course try boost ur chances w/ the applicaiton or interview, etc. but of course, taking the pcat will b good. cuz there's more schools u can apply to and thus increase ur chances a little

b*rizzle said:
There are too many of these types of posts. Not to be a sore thumb or anything, but I've felt my interest in the forum waning because it seems like more and more of these queries are popping up. Maybe it's me, or maybe I don't feel like I'm in a situation where my potential admission to an SOP is in serious doubt... I understand that sometimes it's helpful to get a second opinion sometimes, to see if you're setting realistic goals, but these questions should be more directed towards your pharmacy schools of choice, or academic advisors.

I agree....
i wonder about creating one thread that people could continually post in.... keep clutter down... kinda like the "Interview" thread

this may also aid in answering some questions if you have similar stats to another person...

what do you all think?

bbmuffin said:
I agree....
i wonder about creating one thread that people could continually post in.... keep clutter down... kinda like the "Interview" thread

this may also aid in answering some questions if you have similar stats to another person...

what do you all think?

:love: I think it is a great idea. Then everyone that is willling to support those type of questions can all go to one place. And those that don't, don't. Just like having one interview thread, one PCAT thread, one thread, perhaps, on any particular school of special interest, etc.

Good luck to everybody who is stressing admissions, I'm right there with you.