Help! My GC Sucks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfhhadsf234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My worst section by far is GC. I've gone 18/18/20 on the first 3 BC exams and I am really scared for my GC score. I'm using BC and Dat Destroyer for prep but I just get so many questions wrong from stupid mistakes. How do I get better? Where can I get more practice problems/help? I am tempted to purchase QVault for just the GC section.

THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

Like he said, learn from your mistakes. Don't look at your mistakes as a bad thing, use it as an opportunity to never miss questions like those again. If you know you're having trouble on a specific subject like acids and bases or stoichiometry, focus on those sections. On Bootcamp gen chem, they let you choose specific topics to work on. I also agree with DoctorFerrari, you do not need to buy QVault. Use Destroyer as an opportunity to try harder problems. In my opinion, I think your BC scores aren't bad. I averaged 21 and got 28 on that actual DAT. So just keep practicing.

18/18/20 on Bootcamp isn't bad. I did 19/18/21 and I got a 24 on the real thing. If you have BC & Destroyer that's more than enough to prepare you; you don't need to purchase QVault. I did like 30 questions on Destroyer & just quit it because I didn't really find it better than Bootcamp. The key is to review what you did wrong to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I don't know how much time you have left, but keep at it with the BC practice tests and review & you should be fine. Take reviewing seriously.

I have 17 days left... any advice on how to review? I usually just take notes on incorrect problems and then study those notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 14 on my first GC test lol, and after that I scored an average of 19 on the rest of the tests. Yet I ended up getting a 23 GC on the DAT. Bootcamp scores are not meant to be an accurate representation of what you will score, they are designed to teach you. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
You're doing well! I remember being so frustrated because I wasn't able to break a 19 for Bootcamp GC. I got 24 on the actual DAT. Just learn from your mistakes and understand the explanations that Bootcamp provides.

Reactions: 1 user
thats not bad at all! i wouldn't stress out about it- i was in the exact same position making stupid mistakes on practice tests i.e. messing up decimals, rushing through questions and not answering the actual question, etc... i was consistently getting 19s and 20s on my BC practice tests. took the DAT today and got a 22 in gen chem! you will be fine, just be confident.

but seriously, on the exam u will so focused you won't make those types of stupid mistakes.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't be discouraged. I started with chad's video because chem was my weakest subject in undergrad. Then I moved onto Destroyer and finally BC. But I made stupid mistakes along the way too for BC and ended up with a 27 in chem on the real thing. Just take every question one step at a time. Concepts are always the most important.