Help Narrowing Down List (3.78/520)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frosty42

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Current List:
Mt Sinai
UVM
Rochester
Rutgers NJMS
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson
Cooper Rowan
Boston U
Sidney Kimmel
UPenn
Rush
Drexel
Cornell
Temple
NYMC
NYU
Case Western
UMich
Dartmouth
Tufts
UPitt
Hofstra
Einstein
Columbia
Brown
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola Stritch
Northwestern
George Washington
Georgetown
UConn
Quinnipiac
UChicago
Yale
Hopkins

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would love any advice on schools I can take off my list or others I may want to exchange.
All of my family is in NJ/PA/NY so I am not particularly interested in living anywhere south of DC or west of Chicago.

Current List:
Mt Sinai
UVM
Rochester
Rutgers NJMS
Cooper Rowan
Boston U
Sidney Kimmel
UPenn
Cornell
NYU
Case Western
UMich
Dartmouth
Tufts
UPitt
Hofstra
Einstein
Columbia
Brown
Northwestern
Georgetown
UChicago
Yale
Hopkins
My suggestions above. Consider adding U MA, SUNY-SB, Western MI, OH State, U Cincy

Reactions: 1 user
My suggestions above. Consider adding U MA, SUNY-SB, Western MI, OH State, U Cincy
Thank you!

I appreciate your help, but just wondering your reasoning for the above schools rather than Drexel, Temple, UConn, Quinnipiac, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, GW? They seem to be similar caliber.

Are they more OOS friendly?

My personal reasoning originally:
UConn and Quinnipiac bc I went to undergrad in CT
Drexel & Temple bc at least one of them views NJ residents essentially as in-state ("we encourage applicants from Pennsylvania and New Jersey" - Drexel site)
Rush & Rosalind Franklin bc seemed more attainable than Northwestern and UChicago

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

I appreciate your help, but just wondering your reasoning for the above schools rather than Drexel, Temple, UConn, Quinnipiac, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, GW? They seem to be similar caliber.

Are they more OOS friendly?

My personal reasoning originally:
UConn and Quinnipiac bc I went to undergrad in CT
Drexel & Temple bc at least one of them views NJ residents essentially as in-state ("we encourage applicants from Pennsylvania and New Jersey" - Drexel site)
Rush & Rosalind Franklin bc seemed more attainable than Northwestern and UChicago

Thanks again!
U Conn might be a go since you went UG there.

The Drexel class schools I took out will likely resource protect you out. Meaning, they know from historical norms that candidates like you go elsewhere.

The schools I added are OOS friendly, and are also more likely to interview you.

Reactions: 1 user
Some of the schools on your list will "yield protect" with your high stats. I suggest these schools from your list:
Mt Sinai
UVM
Rochester
Rutgers NJMS
Cooper Rowan
Boston U
Sidney Kimmel
UPenn
Cornell
NYU
Case Western