HELP!!!!Need advice ASAP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anaismd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help! Its Thursday and I have 2 interviews next week on Wed and Thurs that I don't want to go to. I wont be able to reach them until Monday (12/01) to cancel the interview on 12/04 and 12/05. Should I just go? I really wont be ranking either of these places. Need advice ASAP:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I was facing a similar dilemna last week but after considering all the factors, I decided to go ahead and cancel the interviews (one of them was only 1 week's notice). This is how see it... if you're 100% SURE that you won't rank those programs, then it's bad for both you and the program if you're to go on the interview...

Cons for you: lose time, money, and effort

Cons for the program: they too lose time & effort, but more importantly, they lose a valuable interview spot that they could have delegated to another hopeful applicant (who might actually love to be there)

my 2 cents...

I too believe you should cancel. It would be the professional thing to do. Besides, then you can enjoy this weekend a little more, now that you don't have to worry about next week.