1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!!Need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by anaismd, Nov 28, 2002.

1. anaismd

anaismd Member
    7+ Year Member

Help! Its Thursday and I have 2 interviews next week on Wed and Thurs that I don't want to go to. I wont be able to reach them until Monday (12/01) to cancel the interview on 12/04 and 12/05. Should I just go? I really wont be ranking either of these places. Need advice ASAP:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ApacheIndian

ApacheIndian philomath
    10+ Year Member

I was facing a similar dilemna last week but after considering all the factors, I decided to go ahead and cancel the interviews (one of them was only 1 week's notice). This is how see it... if you're 100% SURE that you won't rank those programs, then it's bad for both you and the program if you're to go on the interview...

Cons for you: lose time, money, and effort

Cons for the program: they too lose time & effort, but more importantly, they lose a valuable interview spot that they could have delegated to another hopeful applicant (who might actually love to be there)

my 2 cents...

4. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Junior Member

I too believe you should cancel. It would be the professional thing to do. Besides, then you can enjoy this weekend a little more, now that you don't have to worry about next week.