HELP!!!!Need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by anaismd, Nov 28, 2002.

  1. anaismd

    anaismd Member

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2002
    Messages:
    66
    Likes Received:
    0
    Help! Its Thursday and I have 2 interviews next week on Wed and Thurs that I don't want to go to. I wont be able to reach them until Monday (12/01) to cancel the interview on 12/04 and 12/05. Should I just go? I really wont be ranking either of these places. Need advice ASAP:confused:
     
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. ApacheIndian

    ApacheIndian philomath

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2002
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    1
    I was facing a similar dilemna last week but after considering all the factors, I decided to go ahead and cancel the interviews (one of them was only 1 week's notice). This is how see it... if you're 100% SURE that you won't rank those programs, then it's bad for both you and the program if you're to go on the interview...

    Cons for you: lose time, money, and effort

    Cons for the program: they too lose time & effort, but more importantly, they lose a valuable interview spot that they could have delegated to another hopeful applicant (who might actually love to be there)

    my 2 cents...
     
  4. Fiat Lux

    Fiat Lux Junior Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2002
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    I too believe you should cancel. It would be the professional thing to do. Besides, then you can enjoy this weekend a little more, now that you don't have to worry about next week.
     

Share This Page