• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

HELP!!!Need advice regarding LOR

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
  1. Dental Student
    I am a re-applicant. I submitted my addsas on the 16th of May (but printout not mail out yet), I took my DAT about a month ago and I am applying to 12 schools. For LOR, my school has a system which i can send all my letters to and have a committe write an additional letter. Since I am a reapplicant, I can either use the old letters + committe letter from last year or I can have a new committe(which is recommended because it shows what improvement i made in the past year). My question is if I decided to use the old letters, the front page of the package will said "We(the school) advise the student to have a new committe letter but the student decided not to". THis is a negative thing because it sounds like i dont care. But if i have a new committe letter, I wont be able to send out LOR until september(have to interview with the commitee member and have them write the letter and that takes at least 2 months). What should i do? use the old letters with a bad comment in the front page or have new letters and be late? Please help

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Volunteer Staff
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Gold Member
    Dec 11, 2004
    Texas
    1. Dentist
      keikei said:
      the front page of the package will said "We(the school) advise the student to have a new committe letter but the student decided not to".

It doesn't seem like it should be a problem at all as long as your committee letter and LORs from your professors speak positively about you.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.