HELP!!!Need advice regarding LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a re-applicant. I submitted my addsas on the 16th of May (but printout not mail out yet), I took my DAT about a month ago and I am applying to 12 schools. For LOR, my school has a system which i can send all my letters to and have a committe write an additional letter. Since I am a reapplicant, I can either use the old letters + committe letter from last year or I can have a new committe(which is recommended because it shows what improvement i made in the past year). My question is if I decided to use the old letters, the front page of the package will said "We(the school) advise the student to have a new committe letter but the student decided not to". THis is a negative thing because it sounds like i dont care. But if i have a new committe letter, I wont be able to send out LOR until september(have to interview with the commitee member and have them write the letter and that takes at least 2 months). What should i do? use the old letters with a bad comment in the front page or have new letters and be late? Please help

Members don't see this ad.

keikei said:
the front page of the package will said "We(the school) advise the student to have a new committe letter but the student decided not to".

It doesn't seem like it should be a problem at all as long as your committee letter and LORs from your professors speak positively about you.