Help! Need NHSC contract!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snow_sun_surf

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, if anyone could help me out with this I will be eternally indebted to you!

I received the scholarship 2 years ago for the latter 2 years of medical school, and ended up defaulting on it because I'm not going into primary care. They gave me the amount that I owed them recently and I was floored- I knew it was going to be a lot- eg. 3x as much as they had dished out, but I didn't realize that they would add on 12% interest on top of my principle amount. I never remeber agreeing to that- but unfortunately I cannot find my original contract! If anyone has a copy of the 2004 scholarship contract for MD's/DO's, I really could use it! PM me, and I'll give you a fax #, if you can send it that way, or an email address.

Thanks a lot!
 
snow_sun_surf said:
Hi, if anyone could help me out with this I will be eternally indebted to you!

I received the scholarship 2 years ago for the latter 2 years of medical school, and ended up defaulting on it because I'm not going into primary care. They gave me the amount that I owed them recently and I was floored- I knew it was going to be a lot- eg. 3x as much as they had dished out, but I didn't realize that they would add on 12% interest on top of my principle amount. I never remeber agreeing to that- but unfortunately I cannot find my original contract! If anyone has a copy of the 2004 scholarship contract for MD's/DO's, I really could use it! PM me, and I'll give you a fax #, if you can send it that way, or an email address.

Thanks a lot!

I don't have a 2004 contract (I'm repaying my service committment now after doing Med-Peds) and I definitely remember the triple damages clause (it sort of deterred me from doing Peds-EM). I believe the 12% interest gets tacked on if you default (however, you might have been able to avoid this if you had worked something out prior to graduating---I'm curious why would you accept the scholarship in your final two years if you weren't planning on primary care. I would presume you knew what your post grad plans were by the end of your third year?)