Help! Need NHSC contract!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snow_sun_surf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, if anyone could help me out with this I will be eternally indebted to you!

I received the scholarship 2 years ago for the latter 2 years of medical school, and ended up defaulting on it because I'm not going into primary care. They gave me the amount that I owed them recently and I was floored- I knew it was going to be a lot- eg. 3x as much as they had dished out, but I didn't realize that they would add on 12% interest on top of my principle amount. I never remeber agreeing to that- but unfortunately I cannot find my original contract! If anyone has a copy of the 2004 scholarship contract for MD's/DO's, I really could use it! PM me, and I'll give you a fax #, if you can send it that way, or an email address.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

snow_sun_surf said:
Hi, if anyone could help me out with this I will be eternally indebted to you!

I received the scholarship 2 years ago for the latter 2 years of medical school, and ended up defaulting on it because I'm not going into primary care. They gave me the amount that I owed them recently and I was floored- I knew it was going to be a lot- eg. 3x as much as they had dished out, but I didn't realize that they would add on 12% interest on top of my principle amount. I never remeber agreeing to that- but unfortunately I cannot find my original contract! If anyone has a copy of the 2004 scholarship contract for MD's/DO's, I really could use it! PM me, and I'll give you a fax #, if you can send it that way, or an email address.

Thanks a lot!

I don't have a 2004 contract (I'm repaying my service committment now after doing Med-Peds) and I definitely remember the triple damages clause (it sort of deterred me from doing Peds-EM). I believe the 12% interest gets tacked on if you default (however, you might have been able to avoid this if you had worked something out prior to graduating---I'm curious why would you accept the scholarship in your final two years if you weren't planning on primary care. I would presume you knew what your post grad plans were by the end of your third year?)