Help Needed regarding Organic Chemistry.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ammarm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

As i was studying through organic chemistry and trying to solve some questions at the same time from the DAT Destroyer book, i came across hundreds of reaction questions that they tend to ask. I was wondering, what would be the best way to study those reactions or i mean how would it be more easier to answer those kind of questions rather than just cramming those reactions and trying to recall what kind of reaction and what the product would be from what i have crammed? Please Help!!

Members don't see this ad.

All you can do is study them. The DAT Destroyer Road Maps are an excellent way to go over reactions from a molecule of origin. Just practice I guess.

Hello All,

As i was studying through organic chemistry and trying to solve some questions at the same time from the DAT Destroyer book, i came across hundreds of reaction questions that they tend to ask. I was wondering, what would be the best way to study those reactions or i mean how would it be more easier to answer those kind of questions rather than just cramming those reactions and trying to recall what kind of reaction and what the product would be from what i have crammed? Please Help!!

Sorry! Can't help you there. You just need to memorize which reaction gives what product.

Sorry! Can't help you there. You just need to memorize which reaction gives what product.

I totally agree with you.
DO you remember when You were 2nd,3rd... grade, you need to memorize the addition,multiplication, division chat at school and home? Very similar in reaction in Organic chem. you need to memorize certain reaction; then later, you can be able to identify at least what kind or type of the production would produce from given reaction.
Just do it for certain minutes or hours to memorize per day then you will be find. We (who got into a Dental School) all did it at one point.