Technology Help Needed with my Palm Tungsten E

Started by medical22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medical22

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a palm tungsten E. The internal memory is already used up as most of the medical softwares have to be installed on the internal memory. Even though I have an external memory card, I am not able to install a lot of the programs on the card.
I am trying to put some microsoft word files on it, but even that can’t be put on, b/c the memory is used up. I tried to transfer the files on the card, but I can’t get it to work. Please help. Is there any way around this? I don’t want to delete the other programs as I use them a lot….5MCC, stedmans, Archimedes, etc.
Everyone has been happy with their palm tungsten E. WHy am I facing so many problems?
I appreciate any help.
 
medical22 said:
I have a palm tungsten E. The internal memory is already used up as most of the medical softwares have to be installed on the internal memory. Even though I have an external memory card, I am not able to install a lot of the programs on the card.
I am trying to put some microsoft word files on it, but even that can’t be put on, b/c the memory is used up. I tried to transfer the files on the card, but I can’t get it to work. Please help. Is there any way around this? I don’t want to delete the other programs as I use them a lot….5MCC, stedmans, Archimedes, etc.
Everyone has been happy with their palm tungsten E. WHy am I facing so many problems?
I appreciate any help.

You don't have to install programs to internal memory. If i recall correctly, palm programs have a *.prc and a *.pdb file. Install the PRC file to the internal memory, but the PDB data file to your external card. Someone who actually owns a palm can give you the details.