• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

dhb

15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So here it goes:
I'd like to become a member of the ASA, to register i need two current members to sponsor me. Unfortunately no one at my hospital is an active member so here is what i need:

"Yes, all Affiliate membership applications must have two current ASA
members sponsor the application. Instead of signatures, you could note
the name of two members and have them e-mail a sponsor letter to my
attention."

So it would be great if i could get 2 people to send an email to the person in charge of memberships at the ASA (i can send the address) and give me their names so i can fill out the application.

Thanks, dhb

sallyjoe

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
So here it goes:
I'd like to become a member of the ASA, to register i need two current members to sponsor me. Unfortunately no one at my hospital is an active member so here is what i need:

"Yes, all Affiliate membership applications must have two current ASA
members sponsor the application. Instead of signatures, you could note
the name of two members and have them e-mail a sponsor letter to my
attention."

So it would be great if i could get 2 people to send an email to the person in charge of memberships at the ASA (i can send the address) and give me their names so i can fill out the application.

Thanks, dhb

your profile says you are a resident and an ASA member? I was a member when I was a resident for $25 per year, having to pay any more than that is way too much. That may be why nobody you work with has bothered to join.

When the ASA allowed a visa worker and an immigration attorney to write an article in the ASA newsletter about the imaginary shortage of anesthesiologists and how Visa workers were needed to fill this imaginary shortage but refused to allow a letter to the editor me to rebut the lies of the immigration attorney whose law firm obtained the visa of the J-1 waver H-1B who took my job, this marked the end of my membership in the ASA. The refusal of the ASA to represent working anesthesiologists, instead of the employers and exploiters of anesthesiologists, is why I will not send the ASA any money. I suggest you open your eyes to how little the ASA has to offer.

About the Ads

zippy2u

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
Truth be told, I was a member until I got the board certification and then dropped them like a hot potato. Hook up with one of those high fallutin guys in your group( you know the guy who belongs to about 10 medical societies and has a CV about 8 pages long--every group usually has one of these squirrels) and "borrow" the monthly green journal and tell him to order you those refresher lecture books (they seem to get thicker each year) each year at the discounted membership price. Oh yeah, did I tell you I still have the 1st 2 nickels I ever made! Regards, ----Zippy

dhb

15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
your profile says you are a resident and an ASA member? I was a member when I was a resident for $25 per year, having to pay any more than that is way too much. That may be why nobody you work with has bothered to join.

I'm a resident... in Belgium and it actually cost more than 25$ for afffiliate membership anyway no one in the hospital is currently a member .
I'm not joining for political reasons, the fact is that the membership is the same price as the registration to the annual meeting...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.