HELP! Not Sure What To Do Regarding App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyRy89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So long story short, first year I f***ked up big time. I'm only now realizing that 1 semester of my organic chem course and my 1st year general chem course were below the C cutoff for a pass (C- for both). I didn't take any upper year chem courses so I don't have any wiggle room for ad-coms to look at potential upper year courses while still having the 16 semester hour minimum. Obviously no DO school is going to accept me if I don't have enough semester hours in chem, so what should I do? Should I retake those 2 courses in the fall and put them as Planned/In Progress in my application so they at least know I plan on retaking them? I also graduate in September so i'm not sure if taking those courses after i've gotten my degree would change how they'd look at them:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

So long story short, first year I f***ked up big time. I'm only now realizing that 1 semester of my organic chem course and my 1st year general chem course were below the C cutoff for a pass (C- for both). I didn't take any upper year chem courses so I don't have any wiggle room for ad-coms to look at potential upper year courses while still having the 16 semester hour minimum. Obviously no DO school is going to accept me if I don't have enough semester hours in chem, so what should I do? Should I retake those 2 courses in the fall and put them as Planned/In Progress in my application so they at least know I plan on retaking them? I also graduate in September so i'm not sure if taking those courses after i've gotten my degree would change how they'd look at them:confused:

Below a C is under a 2.0 which most schools won't accept. If I were you I would retake those courses and just make sure that you apply yourself and get As in them. Good luck!

Below a C is under a 2.0 which most schools won't accept. If I were you I would retake those courses and just make sure that you apply yourself and get As in them. Good luck!

My only concern is that I won't even get secondaries because I haven't fulfilled the requirements. I was thinking of putting the 2 classes in my In Progress/To Be Completed section so they know I plan on redoing them.