Help - Ocular side effects of methotrexate

Started by eyedesire
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyedesire

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knows the ocular side effects of methotrexate or have seen anyone presenting side effects? As far as I know, there is a rare side effect of NAION and dry eyes, but the AOA has a clinical reference guide that says to screen with amsler grid, color vision but I cannot find any information linking methotrexate to macular issues.

Does anyone know?

This is the AOA link btw: http://www.aoa.org/Documents/optome...g-ocular-toxicity-of-selected-medications.pdf

TIA
 
The main thing you need to check for is generalized retinopathy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk