Help on DAT Biology!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaso0o0n

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm taking my DAT in like a month, and I am well prepared for GC, OC, QR, and PAT but not Biology!!

I've been trying to read Feralis Notes and Cliffs Biology Notes, but I just cannot retain anything from reading them. Biology is my weakest subject..

I think I learn better when I do problems, and learn from the explanations. Do you guys think it's better for me to work on Destroyer problems for bio and work backwards by reading the notes on the questions that I'm getting wrong?

Do you think I can score 21+ if i know everything from destroyer 2015 for biology?..

Help me guys!!

Thanks a lot,

Members don't see this ad.

I rewrote Feralis's notes and went through DATQvault tests as well as destroyer. Then focus on what you are weakest in.

You answered your own question.

Do Destroyer Biology at least twice. You'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
You answered your own question.

Do Destroyer Biology at least twice. You'll be fine.
Thank you for your reply.

I literally cannot retain anything from the notes...

Is destroyer sufficient enough to do well on the actual test?

Oh Wow!!! That's a relief..

Thank you for sharing that..

I just started doing destroyer problems and I'm making note cards for every question that I couldn't answer. I'm also planning on doing the same for bootcamp.

How was the actual DAT though? Were they all covered from destroyer + bootcamp?
I thought destroyer and bootcamp alone prepared me to succeed on the actual DAT. The rest was just supplemental and background info to help my studying

Hi everyone.

I'm taking my DAT in like a month, and I am well prepared for GC, OC, QR, and PAT but not Biology!!

I've been trying to read Feralis Notes and Cliffs Biology Notes, but I just cannot retain anything from reading them. Biology is my weakest subject..

I think I learn better when I do problems, and learn from the explanations. Do you guys think it's better for me to work on Destroyer problems for bio and work backwards by reading the notes on the questions that I'm getting wrong?

Do you think I can score 21+ if i know everything from destroyer 2015 for biology?..

Help me guys!!

Thanks a lot,

Do destroyer, when you find a concept that you don't know, then go read feralis on that part.

I used Kaplan blue book and then DATbootcamp. Bio was my highest score.

Kaplan is not the greatest source they have some solid info but are off the mark... dat destroyer is the way to go memorized the bio section like 470~ q's and nailed it on the actual dat

I rewrote Feralis's notes and went through DATQvault tests as well as destroyer. Then focus on what you are weakest in.
overkill to rewruite the feralis. I'd glance over it, then head to practice Q's

Kaplan is not the greatest source they have some solid info but are off the mark... dat destroyer is the way to go memorized the bio section like 470~ q's and nailed it on the actual dat
Thanks for your reply.

Im currently memorizing the questions and the explanations from destroyer. I am also planning on doing bootcamp as well. Do you think this is enough for the actual DAT?

Thanks for your reply.

Im currently memorizing the questions and the explanations from destroyer. I am also planning on doing bootcamp as well. Do you think this is enough for the actual DAT?
you should use boot camp as a way to gauge how well your doing. there sections in bio are a bit tougher than the actual exam i was averaging between 18-22 on dat boot camp. again they too are a solid source for pacing and simulating the actual exam in terms of how hard the questions are. But topics and info dat bio destroyer is on the money.