Help on Organic Chem :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedHopeful234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't been doing too well on the organic chemistry studying... (Got literally 1/2 correct on the first 30 questions of the DAT destroyer).

This is most likely because I don't really know how to study. I've gone through Chad's videos and taken notes, but am I supposed to memorize everything in each video as I take notes? I do fine on his quizzes right after each lecture, but I think that's only because I have a really good short term memory from the video which isn't enough to sustain me on the DAT.

Also a lot of people have mentioned using organic chemistry "roadmaps" to study... where exactly are you getting these roadmaps? A lot of people have said they use Chad's and roadmaps so I wasn't sure.

Any suggestions is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
the roadmaps are in the answer pages, don't know the exact pg #s. However you are fine with getting 1/2 right the first time through, just learn from your mistakes. I think your are fine overall, just keep doing questions and you will be ready! Btw its supposed be way harder than the actual exam, but still go through them. def. know chads! good luck!

Before you go through the destroyer, try Organic chemistry as a second language. This will help you understand some difficult concepts. Then, go through the Destroyer again. Pay special attention to road maps. They will prepare you for the real DAT.