Quantcast

Help on supplemental application essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dabybaby

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've think I've looked at every thread on here pertaining to the supplementary application essays, but I wanted to ask for myself.

One of the questions on the app. asks what I would want the Admissions Committee to know about me if I had the opportunity to speak before them.
Subjects I've already covered between my Personal Statement and the essays for the previous two questions in the supplemental application include why I want to be a pharmacist, what pharmacy means to me, my background, explanations for low grades, extracurricular activities and school organizations, and why I'm a good fit for their program.

That being said, the only additional things I can think of are:
  • my biggest weakness (that I'm introverted), why it's considered a weakness, and how it can be a good quality or how I don't let it hinder me
  • a struggle that I have to deal with (fluency disorder called tachyphemia) and how I deal with it (also might be helpful if they knew this for the interview)
  • hobbies (violin, piano, cello) and what I plan to do between graduation this December and fall of 2015
Are any of these things relevant/appropriate? I actually asked the admissions advisor in person and she basically said just to write anything I feel like they should know.... So that wasn't very helpful.

Any opinions or advice?

bmclinn

Reaction score
I'm very curious about this as well. I don't want to reiterate my PS but some of the questions they ask are things I address in my PS..