Help on VERBAL, READING COMP, VERBAL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.

Members don't see this ad.

AznGTOi3oi said:
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.

I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.

Utterdevotion said:
I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.

Whats the GRE book for vocab? is that the name? if you have alink to a picture that'd be great. apperciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds silly but a Princeton Review book on the old SAT helped me immensely on the analogies and sentence completions. Try the public library.

ForcedEntry said:
Yes that is the book.

And silly! You have a couple more months before the PCAT. Search Amazon for "eraser"

Or if it's in pen, circle all the answers.