AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.

Utterdevotion

Hopeful future pharmacist
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Maryland
Status
Pharmacy Student
AznGTOi3oi said:
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.

I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.

OP
A

AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Utterdevotion said:
I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.

Whats the GRE book for vocab? is that the name? if you have alink to a picture that'd be great. apperciate it.

About the Ads

RachGator

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
It sounds silly but a Princeton Review book on the old SAT helped me immensely on the analogies and sentence completions. Try the public library.

ForcedEntry

Lilo got stitched
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
AznGTOi3oi said:
Are you guys talking about this one?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743241304/sr=1-2/qid=1154581674/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-4850761-1164726?ie=UTF8&s=books

One more thing i've finished kaplan, barrons, and the 5 practice PCAT's cliff notes thing, does anybody else know any other books i can use as a review. because i wrote on all my books and i can't really redo the questions.....
Yes that is the book.

And silly! You have a couple more months before the PCAT. Search Amazon for "eraser"

Benzoic Acid

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
ForcedEntry said:
Yes that is the book.

And silly! You have a couple more months before the PCAT. Search Amazon for "eraser"

Or if it's in pen, circle all the answers.

ageldred

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Status
Pharmacy Student
Benzoic Acid said:
next time write on a separate sheet of paper

OP
A

AznGTOi3oi

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Benzoic Acid said:

Wow thats pretty smart, i never thought bout that. thanks

About the Ads