Help on VERBAL, READING COMP, VERBAL

Started by AznGTOi3oi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AznGTOi3oi

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.
 
AznGTOi3oi said:
Ok so i've decided that i'm not happy with my 78% composite score from the june test and is deciding to take the october test

My scores for june is
Verbal: 60%
Reading Comp: 61%
Biology: 72% (can't believe this! I felt like i knew every problem!)
Chemistry: 62%
Quantitative: 95%

So for me i feel like the only improvement i can have left for october is verbal, reading comp and chemistry.

I was wondering is there any recommendations for verbal and reading comprehension? i remember someone posted before about some GRE book or MCAT book's verbal section helped?

Reading comp i don't know how to improve in this but just read more magazine or newspaper?

And for chemistry anybody got a good PCAT test book that they recommend to study from i thought kaplan was too good on the G Chem part but not the O chem part, but maybe because i studied from the 2005 version, does anybody know if the new version covers more OCHEM? because i thought the june test pulled a curve ball when they threw in all those o chem problems.


I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.
 
Utterdevotion said:
I would suggest the GRE book for vocab, but there is always the possibility those words will not appear on your exam.

I got a 91 on the chem section. The 2006 version covers very little o-chem. They covered what I learned in maybe the first 2 weeks of orgo 1. I would suggest studying for your textbook - a lot of questions I had on my June exam, I learned in orgo 2.


Whats the GRE book for vocab? is that the name? if you have alink to a picture that'd be great. apperciate it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It sounds silly but a Princeton Review book on the old SAT helped me immensely on the analogies and sentence completions. Try the public library.