kjj17

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I thought I might have trouble with this, but I had no idea how much!

I have an extremely small build, 5'1" and 95 pounds, and am literally swimming in all the XS scrubs I've tried on. It's comical and ridiculous.

Any suggestions???

OP
kjj17

kjj17

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
yes I got the same when I googled it, but I'm not just looking for petite length, I'm looking for ppl similarly sized to give me some suggestions :( cus it's not only length that's the issue

OP
kjj17

kjj17

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
thanks to both of you! the website @Psai shared also has wonderwink, and they go down to xxs yayy

OP
kjj17

kjj17

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Obviously you can't wear your own scrubs in the OR... Maybe work on gaining 20-30 pounds in the next 2 years ;)
ugh yeah I have some time to work on that hahah

Sep 4, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Literally the only thing you can do with the OR ones is roll the pants waist over like 5 million times. And wear a higher necked shirt underneath since the v neck will be at your belly button. It's a struggle.

ACSurgeon

Acute Care Surgeon
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Literally the only thing you can do with the OR ones is roll the pants waist over like 5 million times. And wear a higher necked shirt underneath since the v neck will be at your belly button. It's a struggle.
I have seen people wear two scrub tops with the bottom one worn backwards (V towards the back) to cover up a little better, especially at hospitals that don't allow shirts from home

Sep 4, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I have seen people wear two scrub tops with the bottom one worn backwards (V towards the back) to cover up a little better, especially at hospitals that don't allow shirts from home

Seems like a good idea. No one has ever said anything to me about not wearing a shirt underneath. Oops.

On that note, who in the world are those v-necks made for? I'm short, but I'm pretty sure they'd be seriously revealing on nearly everyone.

mimelim

Vascular Surgery
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Obviously you can't wear your own scrubs in the OR... Maybe work on gaining 20-30 pounds in the next 2 years ;)
This depends entirely on the hospital. We wear our own scrubs in the OR if we want to.

Many women at our hospital use http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/ especially those that need smaller sizes.

OP
kjj17

kjj17

5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
lol I have a lot to look forward to D: I know for M3/M4 I get scrubs from the hospital, so here's to hoping

Etorphine

7+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
lift heavy, use super-sets, 150+ g protein/day, no cheat meals

ImmunoLove

5+ Year Member
May 5, 2014
I thought I might have trouble with this, but I had no idea how much!

I have an extremely small build, 5'1" and 95 pounds, and am literally swimming in all the XS scrubs I've tried on. It's comical and ridiculous.

Any suggestions???
I usually just run through the scrubex machine until I find ones that aren't ridiculous and keep those...

I'm also 5'1" and 95 lbs, so...

May 22, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Find someone to custom make them for you or go to a hemming shop and have them tighten the uniform for you while you try on.

witzelsucht

7+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I actually used to work for a tailor in college and learned a lot about fit, etc. and helped make some custom work uniforms. I'm really going to need more specific information about your build, etc. Do you have any pictures of you in a swimsuit or leotard, etc that you could post?

Reactions: TBV