Hey I work for SavOn at Harvard and Main St in Irvine. When I was looking for a job a year ago I just applied to like 10-15 stores and called back a week or two later. I was lucky enough to find a store that was hiring at the time. My store doesn't take volunteers, but the SavOn at Alton and Jeffrey does, I think. They're actually the biggest SavOn around here, doing on average like 700 scripts a day I think.
Anyway, I'd give them a call. Their number is (949)733-8226. Darmesh is the manager, I believe. Although it might come off as creepy asking for the Pharmacist manager by name.
Don't work at Rite-Aid, try and get a job at Costco or Walgreens. SavOn is alright, but I think they pay the least. But I guess if you're volunteering that wouldn't really matter.(Starting wage for Rx Clerks at SavOn in the LA area is $7.35/hour, went up a quarter like two weeks ago).