HELP philippine medschool application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julioiglesias

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear studentmed community,
Thank you so very much for helping thousands of lost students out there.
I am one of the thousand lost student who is looking into gaining admission into one of the many philippino medical school in the near future.

I apologize in advance if this question is already out there.

This question is for those of you who are originally from United States or other non Philipino student who gained successful admission to philipino medschool.

asides from NMATS, a bachelors, and the many paperwork dealing with admission. I had a question with Certificate of good moral character from 2 former professors (2 copies each).

what should the recommendation include to show "good moral character".
i am out of college for nearly a year and don't really remember the professor (i doubt they remember me) so i think i need to be specific with my goal if i ever going to attempt to asking them a letter of recommendation. (which i don't know how to ask them)

Who is the perfect person to ask? a science professor? an administrator that i worked under him for 3 years? Does it really matter who as long as is someone to tell them I am no crook and I am legit?

Also are there people who are applying for this year or semester?
I haven't taken the NMAts and US only has the november one which would make me wait one more year to apply so i am trying to go to Ph myself and take it on april or something. Does anybody know when the application process starts? I just want to make a countdown because I really am not sure when it is the deadline to begin with.

God bless you and thank you so much for your patience.
Julio

Members don't see this ad.

Read all my old posts. Your questions have been answered.

Get the letters from any of your old professors. Ask them all until you find two of them that are too embarrassed to admit that they don't remember you.

The NMAT is on the second Sunday in April.

Read all the old posts and get your questions answered.

new guy here...

For the letters saipan is right, ask any professor who may know of you at all. Visit them during their office hours and bring it up then, they'll probably want to discuss it with you and you can kind of direct their thoughts.

For applying, I'm in the process of applying to St. Luke's right now (due this friday to avoid the late fee), and I applied to UST (was due on Dec. 11). UERM was due last week and I wasn't able to get all of my stuff together for them. I don't know when the other schools deadlines are but it may be too late to rush everything together (and theres a lot to put together if you're in the States like me).

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went through the application process with my College here and I had the problem that I graduated over 10 years ago. My College was happy to accept references from colleagues/supervisors I had at work, and I didn't need to give the moral character one.

so my college gpa was below 3.0 not good enough for us med school.
which is the reason why i am applying to the ones in the philippines.
she told me that based on my situation not even a philipino school accept me.
well she doesn't know anything about philippino schools
and she will write it if i get a high nmat score.
she is the dean of the department and i expected her to be tough but not this tough

i feel that by the time i take the nmats this april.
and start the application to the cebu schools, fatima and other late application
due dates, it will be too late to get her recommendation even if she is willing to write it

i wrote her a personal statement which she liked it very much. but she needed
more proof of my grades.

i think she doesn't want to write a letter that her name is on it because she
doesn't want to endorse someone who is not cut for medicine based on my
younger dum years.

do any of you have any suggestion?

what are the grounds for "professors" in the eye of philippino medschool admission officer.
can it be a teacher and not a dean?
can it be former professor that i worked with?

Last edited:
You can get it from any professor you have worked with. It does not have to be the dean.
Explain to them that it's not a matter of academic achievement but it probably will screen out criminals:laugh:

[/B]do any of you have any suggestion?

what are the grounds for "professors" in the eye of philippino medschool admission officer.
can it be a teacher and not a dean?
can it be former professor that i worked with?

Tantrum is correct.

Re-read my post of 1/22. I wasn't being funny (although I have a great sense of humor), I was being literal.

Get the letter from any professor at the university, or anybody with a PhD, or anybody with a nice title. The contents of the letter don't really matter, as long as it says something vaguely flattering.

The letter is a formality, now go get it done.

I don't think the schools you are applying to will care about your application NOT having the letters (from professors). Just get a letter from the Dean of Students that says you did not commit any crimes while a student at "XYZ" college, and tell the schools why you don't have more letters...most likely they will "let it slide."

So happy
both my professors wrote and send them to the schools.
It is official i will be studying in philippines.

now i have to buy airline tickets.
lol