Technology help picking a palm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PluckyDuk8

Pluck of all Plucks
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a palm (as I understand it they are the most agreeable with macs)...I'm trying to decide which one. Most important to me is the wifi- the tungsten C comes with it and right now on palmone's website they offer a free wifi card with the T5. Any suggestions or do you have any of these?
 
PluckyDuk8 said:
Hi all,

I'm considering getting a palm (as I understand it they are the most agreeable with macs)...I'm trying to decide which one. Most important to me is the wifi- the tungsten C comes with it and right now on palmone's website they offer a free wifi card with the T5. Any suggestions or do you have any of these?

I don't know much about them, but am researching buying one myself and the best one that Palm makes right now is the Life Drive. It does have a big pricetag at approx $450 but has everything you need and then some. However, if cost is a big issue I would definately be happy with getting the T5, good luck choosing 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello
A LifeDrive is definitely a cool device. I haven't seen one yet. It apparently is much more than most of us would need as far as day-to-day activities. The Tungsten would probably be enough for you, but if you want some bling I'd go for the LD.

regards,
Leo
 
From my experience, neither a Palm nor a Pocket PC works well with a Mac out of the box. It's kind of frustrating that way. Besides, Palm handhelds leave a lot to be desired. All I ask for is WiFi without carrying a brick around in my pocket...

Check this out: MacintoshPocketPC.

It's a program that helps synchronize a Pocket PC to a Mac.
 
Iwy Em Hotep said:
From my experience, neither a Palm nor a Pocket PC works well with a Mac out of the box. It's kind of frustrating that way. Besides, Palm handhelds leave a lot to be desired.
From my experience (I've owned palm devices since the original Palm Pilot 1000 with 128 KB, then a Handspring Visor, then a Garmin iQue, and now a Treo 650), Palm devices works just fine out of the box with both Windows and Mac computers. With Apple releasing iSync 2.0 with a Palm conduit built-in, you don't even need the Palm Desktop software anymore.