MD Help picking Schools! 518 MCAT 3.62cGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaee66

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding on schools to apply to.

MCAT= 518 (130, 128, 131, 129) cGPA= 3.61 sGPA=3.55 (upwards trending)
Biomedical Engineering UG
Bioengineering Masters degree

Volunteering:
Hospice Volunteering - 180 hours, Refugee Youth Mentor - 100 hrs, Community Service Board (various activities) - 150 hrs, Volunteer Track Coach- 100 hours

Research:
-700 hours in a lab. First author abstract publication, conference podium presentation, 3rd author on two abstract publications

Clinical:
- Bioengineer (patient exposure and research) -2000 hours, Physician Aide: 60 hours, Clinical Trial Recruiter: 160 hours

Leadership:
-Student Government - 50 hours, President of an Engineering competition- 100hrs, Manager at a restaurant- 900 hours, Track and Field team caption- 1000 hrs

Physician Shadowing: 50 hours with mix of primary care and specialities

Extracurriculars- D1 athletics
-multiple medical device innovations, couple of patents and grants/ competitions won

So far the list of schools I'm thinking about applying to is:
Utah (Utah resident)
VCU
MCW
Ohio State
Rochester
University of Colorado
University of Pittsburg
Emory
University of Vermont
Dartmouth
Miami Miller
USF Health Morsani
Case Western
Georgetown
Tufts
Brown
Tulane
George Washington
University of Arizona
Loyola
Duke
Rosalind Franklin
Wake Forest

Any help narrowing this list down or advice with which schools I'm competitive at would be greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, but D1 athlete is a golden goose egg of an EC, and will really set you apart. Bioengineering is seen as a hard major, and you have great research. The patents and awards are super cool. Not a ton of service but I think you could pretty much apply wherever you want, aim high! :)