This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spondylosis1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I failed Comlex 2 CE and retaking very soon.
- Gone thru combank and uworld 1x before the last test.
- Need more practice with Qs- which do you recommend at this point Combank vs Comquest? Which was most representative of the test?
Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I received around a 625 on my comlex step 2. (+/- 5-10 points just because i hate disclosing 100% actual numbers). This is what I did specifically, again just how i studied no right or wrong answers. I also took my test early may of my third year (last may).

I used-
Onlinemeded, all the lectures and notes
MTB step 2
Comquest/combank/uworld probably 3x each.
saverese for OMT

I prob put in 5-6 months of studying for this test, i didnt find out about onlinemeded probably until 4 months out. I did Uworld with every rotation and the combank shelf questions with rotations usually. I used a lot of pretest for rotations and random other stuff like MTB. I don't think i hardcore shelf studied tho because shelf didnt matter much at my school.

IMO, again my opinion, the order of usefulness for my test UWORLD>combank>comquest>onlinemeded>MTB2. Although some sections MTB was better others onlinemeded was better. I found personally comquest to be least effective q bank alternating between really easy or really dumb questions.

Sorry you're going through this, best of luck to you!

Edit- Forgot to mention i also used the mini nbme exams for each shelf subject ( i forget what those are called, i did a large amount of them and found answers to ones i got wrong) and a decent amount of NBMEs, two comsaes and the Uworld practice test.

I dont know your experience, but keep in mind that OMT is up to a third of this exam, and OBGYN and Peds are huge, by the numbers.

I'd hit the case file for those topics as well as onlinemeded as the above poster mentioned.

I think the choice of qbank is less important than time put into which ever you choose. multiple passes is the key

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your advice.

I received around a 625 on my comlex step 2. (+/- 5-10 points just because i hate disclosing 100% actual numbers). This is what I did specifically, again just how i studied no right or wrong answers. I also took my test early may of my third year (last may).

I used-
Onlinemeded, all the lectures and notes
MTB step 2
Comquest/combank/uworld probably 3x each.
saverese for OMT

I prob put in 5-6 months of studying for this test, i didnt find out about onlinemeded probably until 4 months out. I did Uworld with every rotation and the combank shelf questions with rotations usually. I used a lot of pretest for rotations and random other stuff like MTB. I don't think i hardcore shelf studied tho because shelf didnt matter much at my school.

IMO, again my opinion, the order of usefulness for my test UWORLD>combank>comquest>onlinemeded>MTB2. Although some sections MTB was better others onlinemeded was better. I found personally comquest to be least effective q bank alternating between really easy or really dumb questions.

Sorry you're going through this, best of luck to you!

Edit- Forgot to mention i also used the mini nbme exams for each shelf subject ( i forget what those are called, i did a large amount of them and found answers to ones i got wrong) and a decent amount of NBMEs, two comsaes and the Uworld practice test.[

Thank you so much.

I dont know your experience, but keep in mind that OMT is up to a third of this exam, and OBGYN and Peds are huge, by the numbers.

I'd hit the case file for those topics as well as onlinemeded as the above poster mentioned.

I think the choice of qbank is less important than time put into which ever you choose. multiple passes is the key

Besides Ob/gyn, Peds (my weakest). Any other HY topics? Trying to focus the little time I have...which topics in IM are HY?

Without going into specifics, the ethic/legal scenarios for me was tough but i don't think you can study for that much? really hard to at least from what i remember. my topics were pretty diverse overall i would say there were no things that stood out by far for me. maybe psych seemed a bit high yield. OMM of course will be important really know saverese well.

disclaimer- this is all from my testing experience and what i felt was important. Good luck!

Hey everyone
I am scheduled to take my COMLEX Level2 in three weeks but have been scoring consistently less in the IM /EM section in my comsaes. I took the Phase 2 Form A twice and scored poorly in IM . I have been doing U World (scoring around 50% average but have only finished 30% of the Q Bank ) and COMBANK (running average iS around 70%-done with 60% of the QBank). I don't know what else to do get my score up in IM/EM . I have spent the maximum amout of time on IM. I desperately need some suggestions because I don't want to drift out of focus and look into other board review resources unless I really have to. Please help me :(
Thank you

Hands down, the best IM resource for me was Step Up. That may not be a popular choice, but it was by far the most helpful in the "best test" vs "gold standard" aspect of IM.

Reactions: 2 users
Hands down, the best IM resource for me was Step Up. That may not be a popular choice, but it was by far the most helpful in the "best test" vs "gold standard" aspect of IM.
guys i desperately need help.
Failed COMLEX1 : retake 432
Failed COMLEX 2: 370.
How screwed am I?
should I even apply to FM residency programs .I have test anxiety which i recently discovered. Am not a stupid student, have got3 honors in rotations.

How screwed am I?
should I even apply to FM residency programs .I have test anxiety which i recently discovered. Am not a stupid student, have got3 honors in rotations.
You should talk to your school. They need to help you land something. You are in very bad shape with multiple fails.

How screwed am I?
Sucks. Couple questions to help. Did you pass the PE yet? Did you take the USMLE? And what region is your DO school from? If you feel more comfortable you can PM me

How screwed am I?
Applying 75+ FM programs might be the way to go...

There are advisors at your school that might tell you where to apply as they probably know people from your school who were in the same situation that matched.

Applying 75+ FM programs might be the way to go...

There are advisors at your school that might tell you where to apply as they probably know people from your school who were in the same situation that matched.

Honestly, I'd probably do more just to be safe. A lot of programs cutoff at 1 fail. Obviously go on as many interviews as you possibly can.

thank you everyone. I am just lost in terms of career prospects. I was averaging 75% on combank but my exam had way too many stats. I'm meeting my school very soon. I only did combank and IM/Peds section from UWOrld and yet..... what would you guys suggest in terms of resources OnlineMedED ? DIT? because I don't know what else to do

As far as what resources to use, I would not overthink it. Question banks are tried and true. You would do well to go through u world twice and choose another and go through that (comquest, combank).

Reactions: 1 user
As far as what resources to use, I would not overthink it. Question banks are tried and true. You would do well to go through u world twice and choose another and go through that (comquest, combank).
I had so much stats .it was unbelievable .What resource can i use for stats ?

I believe onlinemeded has a stats lecture. You can also use uworld qs.
do people know of any friends/colleagues who matched residencies despite failing both boards. My friend keeps telling me audition rotation can be a deal breaker, but i think a a lot of programs won't even let you audition with bad board scores