Help please for the ptcb exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Janna809

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I register to take the PTCB exam for this month. I was wondering if some one can help me with some advise or tips of how i should prepare for the Exam..Like what should i focused on and if anyone thats taken it before could tell me how the test looks like, like if is mostly math or drugs n generics,etc.. I would really appreciate your help =)!

Members don't see this ad.

Read the practice book.
Basically, Know most of your top 200, simple chem equations. (the ones covered in the class if you took it)

Great website...That's basically what I used for my test too...there were a lot of similar questions....The test is not hard...I just studied for it for 5-6 days...maybe 4-5 hours everyday...just do a lot of practice questions.
BTW I did not memorize the 200 top drugs...I think I knew about 15 drugs...lol. Don't stress too much about it, you will be fine especially if you already had some experience in the field of pharmacy.
Good luck

My tips:
- Know common patterns (statins, -cin, etc.)
- Know about vitamins - seriously, on mine there were like 6 questions about vitamins & what they do.
- Know how to do ratios & conversions - like half my test was doing variations on the same ratio problem. :)

Good luck!