Help! Please! LOR question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy614

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian student from the University of Toronto. I have applied to 10+ American Medical schools. Am I supposed to ask my references to send a seperate letter to each of these schools? Are they (my three references) supposed to foot the bill for mailing all these letters? What do you guys do in this situation???????

Do I go to my prof, give her a long list of schools I applied to and ask her to mail one out to each? She's NOT going to do that. What do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a Canadian student from the University of Toronto. I have applied to 10+ American Medical schools. Am I supposed to ask my references to send a seperate letter to each of these schools? Are they (my three references) supposed to foot the bill for mailing all these letters? What do you guys do in this situation???????

Do I go to my prof, give her a long list of schools I applied to and ask her to mail one out to each? She's NOT going to do that. What do I do?

Prepare an addresssed and stamped envelope (you pay the postage) for every school you applied to and provide them to your writer. Then all the writer has to print out the letter, put it in the envelope and stick it in the mail.

So, for three LOR writers, you'll need 30 envelopes total (10 for each writer). It's tedious, but it needs to be done.