** Help please! PCAT Dr Collins scam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkmango

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I mistakenly bought a used version of Dr. Collin's notes from craigslist. We met up in person to exchange the money and everything.. but after checking the packages in greater detail (everything she said would be there was indeed there), I noticed that it says at the bottom "the material in this packet is copyrighedt 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2009 [...]" even though she said she was selling me the 2011-12 version. it did come with the july and jan 2012 updates though. I've only checked biology for now, but I've also noticed that the biology section has ecology... which isn't even covered in the PCAT nowadays! So what I'm really asking is, if it says copyright 2009 at the bottom, does that mean its the 2009 version? and it would say copyright 2011, 2012 if it were a 2012 or 2011 version?

Members don't see this ad.

I bought mine new this year. They all had funky dates like that. The bio section needs a make over. Ecology is still on my 2013. It sounds like yours is fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I mistakenly bought a used version of Dr. Collin's notes from craigslist. We met up in person to exchange the money and everything.. but after checking the packages in greater detail (everything she said would be there was indeed there), I noticed that it says at the bottom "the material in this packet is copyrighedt 1997, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2009 [...]" even though she said she was selling me the 2011-12 version. it did come with the july and jan 2012 updates though. I've only checked biology for now, but I've also noticed that the biology section has ecology... which isn't even covered in the PCAT nowadays! So what I'm really asking is, if it says copyright 2009 at the bottom, does that mean its the 2009 version? and it would say copyright 2011, 2012 if it were a 2012 or 2011 version?
The way you can tell if your version is the 2013 (newest version) is, the CHEMISTRY has 2 extra exams (total of 13 exams) AND if you look in the BIO section in IMMUNOLOGY where it says "nonspecific INNATE defenses" the older version doesn't have the INNATE. The 2013 QA section also has a section of vectors and in test #7 has a total of 52 questions whereas the older version only stops at 40. These are a few differences I noticed between older versions vs the 2013. I purchased an older version from someone on this forum about a year ago and was disappointed in the number of pages it was missing, after doing poorly on the July exam, I decided to purchase the official DR COLLINS material from his website. Personally, I think the overall information given is pretty much the same. It definitely will help you in the QA, CHEM, AND SOME BIO. Supplement the BIO with something else and I think you'll be golden.

But don't worry, even IF your material MIGHT be an older version, the exams should still help you perform well on the actual PCAT. Just make sure you go through all of the questions.

Good luck, if you have any more questions and want to ask specific questions about your material, I'll be more than happy to help :) just PM me!!

The way you can tell if your version is the 2013 (newest version) is, the CHEMISTRY has 2 extra exams (total of 13 exams) AND if you look in the BIO section in IMMUNOLOGY where it says "nonspecific INNATE defenses" the older version doesn't have the INNATE. The 2013 QA section also has a section of vectors and in test #7 has a total of 52 questions whereas the older version only stops at 40. These are a few differences I noticed between older versions vs the 2013. I purchased an older version from someone on this forum about a year ago and was disappointed in the number of pages it was missing, after doing poorly on the July exam, I decided to purchase the official DR COLLINS material from his website. Personally, I think the overall information given is pretty much the same. It definitely will help you in the QA, CHEM, AND SOME BIO. Supplement the BIO with something else and I think you'll be golden.

But don't worry, even IF your material MIGHT be an older version, the exams should still help you perform well on the actual PCAT. Just make sure you go through all of the questions.

Good luck, if you have any more questions and want to ask specific questions about your material, I'll be more than happy to help :) just PM me!!
LOL, you paid 370$ extra just for a few more loose leaf pages and 2 extra exams that are probably exactly alike.