Help Please Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldude5555

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my MCAT for the first time and I got a 30Q (V-9,BS-10,PS-11), which is 2 points higher than my highest practice MCAT at Pricenton Review(28). I have a 3.58GPA w/ Science somewhere around there. Please tell me what I should do...someone!!! OO YA...I'm a Texas Resident looking to apply In-State and I am also of South Asian descent. Should I retake the MCAT????????? THANKS so much...I just found out about this forum and I think its simply awesome!!! I hope to give me input soon too...Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So I took my MCAT for the first time and I got a 30Q (V-9,BS-10,PS-11), which is 2 points higher than my highest practice MCAT at Pricenton Review(28). I have a 3.58GPA w/ Science somewhere around there. Please tell me what I should do...someone!!! OO YA...I'm a Texas Resident looking to apply In-State and I am also of South Asian descent. Should I retake the MCAT????????? THANKS so much...I just found out about this forum and I think its simply awesome!!! I hope to give me input soon too...Thanks.

Apply

You should be working on your applications. I can't believe you'd consider waiting another application cycle just to boost your MCAT, especially since you outperformed your practice test baseline.

You should be working on your applications. I can't believe you'd consider waiting another application cycle just to boost your MCAT, especially since you outperformed your practice test baseline.

Agreed... assuming you anticipated your actual MCAT score to be the same as the highest score you got on practice exams, and you were thinking applying then... why in the world not apply now when you scored better than you hoped?

Members don't see this ad :)
Get me a coffee...

Why would you even think about retaking with a 30Q as a TX resident? There are plenty of ppl with scores in your range that get interviews and acceptances.

I am still a junior in college, so I have time to improve my score if I wanted. That is what I was asking when I posted this. If it's good enough to get into a medical school in Texas than I dont have to bother but because I have the time should I bohter? Sorry for the confusion. Once again: 30Q (PS-11,BS-10,V-9) and 3.58 both GPAs.