Help please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSizzles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in messed up situation. I always dreamed of getting into med school, but I lost confidence and never took the mcat.

I thought I would never get in so I looked into nursing and got accepted into an accelerated masters, then I would get additional schooling to get NP certification.

I graduate in December and the nursing program begins in January. I am thinking about deferring and applying to Midwestern and Rosalind franklin for their SMP programs because they have good linkage.

I have not taken the GRE or MCAT, but I will take the GRE to apply with that. Then take the MCAT sometime between Jan and Aug before the program begins because it will be my off time after graduation and the start of the fall term.

Science GPA=3.0 (with a lot of bad grades B- both orgo's C+ in both physics C+ in Bio 2 C in Chem 1)
Overall=3.55

good EC decent letters of Rec

Just looking for advise anyone think I can get into those SMP's there averages are basically the same 3.1 science 3.3 overall

Members don't see this ad.

You're much better off with a year of retakes while studying for the MCAT and then applying to DO school than you are spending that much money on an SMP.

Members don't see this ad :)
The nursing program starts in the fall also. I can defer until August. From January and August I can take the MCAT and retake a semester of gen bio and Chem to get A's. It will bump me up to a 3.35 science.