Help Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loving123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a dilemma whether I have to transfer from U of T into University of Alberta.
I am currently in second year of my study in University of Toronto.
However, my GPA is falling apart (3.41 right now) so I am considering transfer to U of A.

The main reason why I want to transfer is the advantages that Alberta residents get when they apply to the med school in their province. In Toronto, U of T do not give any preferences to Ontario residents and for their school.

Do you guys think that this is a right choice to make?
Also, is University of Alberta considered a school that is hard to obtain a high mark? (I know that in order to get high mark that you need to work hard, but I just want some advices from U of A students..)

I really appreciate any of your comments because this is really gonna be a big transition for me.

Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

I know people who have switched. THat will not be a big deal if you apply to american schools (of course I would not say its because of grades). That said I am not sure if it will help your grades, UofA is a competitive school as well.

I know people who have switched. THat will not be a big deal if you apply to american schools (of course I would not say its because of grades). That said I am not sure if it will help your grades, UofA is a competitive school as well.
Thanks for your reply.
I just really want to know what it is like to stay in Alberta and studying in University of Alberta. (Since this is gonna be a major transition)