help please..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ganz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We are studying a trauma case at my school right now, and I am required to present on Paramedic-hospital radio communication. So basically I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me a rundown on the important info that is tranmitted from the paramedics while they are en route (in particular for a trauma patient involved in a traffic collision).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ganz said:
Hi guys,

We are studying a trauma case at my school right now, and I am required to present on Paramedic-hospital radio communication. So basically I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me a rundown on the important info that is tranmitted from the paramedics while they are en route (in particular for a trauma patient involved in a traffic collision).

Thanks

Unit ID
Rescue 56

Pt pert Hx
Male 12 y/o passenger in MVA head on, airbag deployed no seatbelt, unconcious, responds to deep pain only
GCS 5, PEARL, Resps 32, Pulse 14o and thready BP 85/60, gash on forehead,

Pt pert Tx
C-spine and long board, IV NS wide open, whatever else

ETA
5 minutes

Orders?

ID: Age and Sex of Patient

Chief Complaint/ Mechanism of Injury

Relevant Scene information

Injuries/Physical exam findings

Vitals

Relevant Past Medical History

Meds/ Allergies

Example: long version...I spelled out some things that are normally abbreviated.

We are en route to your facility, 5 min ETA, with an 18 year old male victim of a motor vehicle crash. Patient was an unrestrained passenger in an SUV; head on into a tree, aribags deployed. Upon our arrival patient entrapped in vehicle with a Glascow Coma Scale (GCS) of 9. Significant intrusion into passenger compartment with extrication time of approximately 20 mins. Positive loss of Consciousness (LOC); pupils PERL but sluggish;significant facial trauma and lacerations; lungs clear bilaterally; abdomen soft; patient has Fx with deformity to right femur immobilized with traction. Patient boarded and collared; Patient intubated; 2 14 gauge IVs in Right and Left ACs wide open 1L Normal Saline infused; Last set of vitals: BP 100/70, pulse 124 normal sinus rhythm, Respirations 20 with manual ventilation; GCS still 9. Unknown medications and allergies; Do you have any questions or comments?

Hope that helps. Anyone else feel free to add!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys, I appreciate it..

They never really listen anyway so just make a bunch of crap up. M72 in route with a 14 y/o gorilla that is constipated from a diet of bannanas. 5 ETA, any ?'s

Does that gorilla have bowel sounds?

...and do you have full BSI precautions in place?

(Nobody sort of needs a face shield, I've found. Just a little bit of gorilla poo turns out to be a great deal too much.)